SJHT Salem Canal Club Results Sun. 07-22-18

Started by BigNasty06, July 25, 2018, 10:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigNasty06

Place: Salem Canal, Salem, NJ
Date: Sun. July 22, 2018
Time: 5:30am-12:30pm
Weather: Warm and Humid with Blue Bird skies.  Rain Storms forecasted for later in day but we stayed dry throughout.
Water Temps: 73~77 Degrees
Water Clarity: Muddy
Wind Gust: N/A
Best Lure:  N/A
Depths fished: N/A
Limit: 3
----------------------------------------------

Today, 10 SJHT members traveled down to our version of OkeeChobee.  AKA. Salem Canal.   With all of the rains that we've had over the last 1.5 weeks, the water was still down a good 3'.  It must be the farmers or Dupont drawing water because launching was a bit difficult.

The Canal has always been good for numbers but with the latest tournament results and the pressure it gets week in and week out, I was really curious how members would fair.

Alright....Without further adieu.....make a charge to compete in the BASS Elite Series and continuing his winning streak.... the Fu Man is putting in work.  Fu was able to weigh in 3 Bass going 7.08lbs    2nd place and Lunker was won by Bill *The Hammer* L. [/b] with 3 Bass weighing  6.12lbs. Bills Lunker went 3.21lbs.

3rd Place was won by Brian *SubFish* M. . with 3 Bass going 5.35lbs. 

SALEM CANAL TALE OF THE TAPE:

Jackson's 1st Place bag:

Bill's L.  2nd Place Bag and Lunker:

Brian's 3rd Place Bag:

Other Anglers bags from the weigh in and Anglers getting boat checked by the NJ Fish and Game Warden:

Trappers Bag:

Bryson's Bag of Bass weighed in:

SJHT and NJ Fish and Game boat check:

Summary: 10  out of 10 Anglers caught at least 1  Bass.  There were a total of 21 Bass caught overall giving way to a total of 34.79 lbs.  The avg. weight of each Bass went 1.66lbs.  There were 5 Limits caught and 1 angler caught at least 2 Bass.  So as one can see, the Canal even with the muddy\murky water still produced for most.  I can only imagine with the water being 3' down, navigating the channels and not bottoming out was a little challenging for those not familiar with the Canal.  I'm not sure if there has been a greater emphasis at NJ WMA's to perform safety checks or just make sure boaters have all of there credentials, but I will say that some unlucky shore anglers got summons for fishing illegally without license and other incidentals.  Since I was not there, I can only imagine there shock.  So boaters\anglers beware, that Fish and Game could be showing up at your next tournament\event and the best thing to do is cooperate, have safety gear\ Fishing License in order, and just understand that they are doing there jobs for the good of everyone.

Note:  Big Shout out to the FU Man for becoming a Certified English Translator for the guys ticketed at the Boat Dock.  I knew he had other talents.  LOL  I'm quite sure they LOVED YOU FOR LONG TIME!

Next up is CARNEGIE LAKE, in 2 weeks.  Saturday, Aug. 4, 2018

Tightlines,
BN06

Lipripper

Thanks for the report and some nice fish were caught again. So I see you didn't fish in this one either. Hope your not sick.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

BigNasty06

Quote from: Lipripper on July 25, 2018, 01:13:49 PM
Thanks for the report and some nice fish were caught again. So I see you didn't fish in this one either. Hope your not sick.

Nope.  A prescheduled Family Reunion weekend.  Ill be back on Sat. Aug. 4, 2018.

My guys ran things perfectly.

BN06

Lipripper

Quote from: BigNasty06 on July 25, 2018, 06:43:26 PM
Nope.  A prescheduled Family Reunion weekend.  Ill be back on Sat. Aug. 4, 2018.

My guys ran things perfectly.

BN06
Glad to hear your not sick. ~c~ ~c~ See you in your next posting and hope you have a fish in your hand.  ~roflmao ~roflmao

BigNasty06

Quote from: Lipripper on July 26, 2018, 01:18:14 PM
Glad to hear your not sick. ~c~ ~c~ See you in your next posting and hope you have a fish in your hand.  ~roflmao ~roflmao

I'm Backkkkkkkkk!  and no empty livewells. 

LOL,
BN06

Lipripper

Quote from: BigNasty06 on August 06, 2018, 09:49:14 AM
I'm Backkkkkkkkk!  and no empty livewells. 

LOL,
BN06
All right glad to hear now let me look for that report.  ;D