Peace River in Ft. Meade

Started by Sharon, March 26, 2006, 06:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharon

Air temps about 55 - 60
water - 45 (?)
Slight stain to the water, and very very shallow due to lack of rain.

Peace River in Polk County was our destination today. Tried my hand at bass fishing but the lake was so low I could see my spinner bait drag on the bottom. This is the shallowest I have ever seen this lake. Water was ankle to knee deep in most spots that I could see. I hear lots of folks on here talking of catching bass in a few inches of water so I figured why not me... Ill tell you why.. cus BASS HATE ME  ~roflmao         Oh well, I gave it the old UB try and theres always next time. I did have some hits on my earthworms, but they were just sampling, not eating  ::) Oh I did catch a blue gill, too tiny for anything, but at least I can say I didnt get skunked.  ~c~  It still was a good day, very quiet out there and peaceful, Hmm sounds like the reason its called Peace River.  ~shade

Mike Cork

Sounds like a good day out just not a good day catching ;) One of these days you are going to crack the bass code. You are right sometimes when conditions are right you can catch bass very shallow, but if you can see the bottom that well it was probably to shallow. See you know all the tricks of the trade, we just need to get you onto the right water at the right time :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Pferox

Quote from: Mike on March 26, 2006, 08:50:20 PM
See you know all the tricks of the trade, we just need to get you onto the right water at the right time :-*

Sounds to me like we need a boat.  ;)
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Sharon

Quote from: Pferox69 on March 27, 2006, 03:43:10 AM
Sounds to me like we need a boat.  ;)
I dont need no stinking boat, this is personal now  >:D
~roflmao

Mike Cork

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service