Okeechobee get together Info!!!!!!!!

Started by BigCheese, November 23, 2005, 05:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigCheese

This is the Official Open Invitation to join some of the fellow members of UB for some fun and fishing at Lake Okeechobee.

The Dates for this get together will be Feb 18 – 21 2006. We had planned on staying at Roland Martins Marina the entire time but they are full on Sat the 18th so we will be staying at the Best Western in Clewiston FL on the 18th and starting the evening of the 19th at Roland Martins Marina right on the Lake.

Hotel/Room arrangements can be made individually but we may have a connection to get a discount. We need to know who is committed to making this trip. Once we get a count on rooms we can try for the discount. Anyone planning on attending, to meet some new UB members and have a good time, please make a post in this thread so that we may get an idea of how many people will be joining us.

For those that are traveling, there are people that live in the area that know the lake and plan on being there to assist us in locating that once in a lifetime fish.

We need to know who needs what kind of accommodations. Ie; if it's just you and your wife then you might just want one of the Hotel rooms, if there's four or five guys like the Garagemahal gang then you might want a 4 bedroom condo. Please take a minute before you post on here to go to http://www.rolandmartinmarina.com/ and see what they have to offer.  (Mods- this hyperlink was approved by Laurie today)

We need to be able to give Rolands plenty of leeway so that we can possibly get a discount if there's a lot of interest, so please post what kind of accommodations you require in this thread PRIOR TO Dec 1st.  Reason for the deadline is that this is the busiest time of year for them and the rooms fill up very fast.

I will get in touch with everyone that posts in here to let them know when and what the final prices will be and when to make your reservations.

scwildbill

I'm there (but you already knew that)...

I've always wanted to go and fish this awesome body of water and this is my chance to fulfill that dream... Will not miss it!!!
Proud Team Member of the Palmetto Posse

Largemouthlou

Me and Deana Plan on being there Sat and Sunday... Mostly to survey the tiki bar of course ;D ~beer~ ~beer~ Louis

blazr21

Me and the wife will make this 1. Might meet you SC guys coming through and we can just convoy the rest of the way down together. ~cf

spetro

This will be a great event.  I hope to see my old pals and my new ones.  We will have several local guys there on Sunday...to be your personal guides.  If you want to try your hand with shiners our Artificial.....thats your call.

MotherNature

Count Mike and I in on the fun. I am looking forward to catching a couple of nice fish and that one special one as well as meeting everyone there and having a great time ;)

Room: Hotel room for the two of us...

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

SeabeeBasser

I am in!!! Can't wait to see od friends and make some new ones ~c~

T1A

TritonEd

Ok now I be in. ;PEP) I will be by myself so I would need a single or share with some one.

rdb

Cheese, I'm going to try and work this out but may only be able to get to the classic part. Are there plans for that yet?, it would be tuff fro me to be gone for a week. Kind of need the whole picture so I can work on the schedule.

Thanks----it will be a great time to be on the Big O.

Hey Ed hope all is good with you.

spetro

Ok....here is some info.  The Best Western is good for the 18th of February.  Double bed $118.00 single $109.00.  We will only need that place for one night.

Bulk discounts 15 rooms or more......don't think we'll make that.....No military discounts.  I tried to beat them down on the price and they weren't budging...I guess they figured out that they have the only decent hotel on Hwy. 27 :roll2: :roll2: :roll2:

Best Western  of Clewiston
http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do;jsessionid=282278EE3F472F11D9B8B5356BA7E8E7?propertyCode=10286

1020 W Sugarland Highway, Clewiston, Florida, United States, 33440-2707
Phone: 863-983-3400  Toll Free Reservations: 877-478-1700  Fax: 863-983-3441 

SCWildSis

Hey Cheese..............don't forget to bring your favorite spinnerbait with you!! :roll2: :roll2: :roll2:

MotherNature

Thanks for the info spetro! As soon as I get the word from Mike that leave is on the books I will call and make reservations ;)

spetro

Cool....I'll have Roland Martain info by 11-28-05 ~sun

MotherNature

Allen Shadd

I'm not sure about my schedule at that point, but right now it looks like maybe Luke and I can make it.

Triton1A, the only reason you're coming down is to stock up on citrus aint it? ~roflmao

spetro

Quote from: Allen Shadd on November 25, 2005, 06:46:33 PM
I'm not sure about my schedule at that point, but right now it looks like maybe Luke and I can make it.

Triton1A, the only reason you're coming down is to stock up on citrus aint it? ~roflmao

Allen that would be GREAT !!!!!!!!

Oh man.......I forgot what happens to Rich when he crosses the state line.
I'll alert the staff

BigCheese

Robert there are really no plans for the Classic as of yet there will be some of the SC Boyz there workin' the Keelshield booth.  I know that there will be allot more of our friends around there that weekend to see the outdoors show and the weigh-in.  Hope to see you at one or the other.

Allen great to hear you and Luke might make it.   Lookin' forward to seeing you both again. ~c~

supplyguy

I have a tournament on Murray on the 18th so if I get to come I'll have to drive down Sunday :-\ Sure would love to be there and met everyone :)

spetro

TritonEd told me to tell ya that he'll meet up with everyone at the clock restaurant  ~sweat ~sweat :roll2: :roll2: :roll2:

blazr21

Well It looks like it is a go. It will just be me and my Wife,so we will only need maybe a single bedroom hotel room. Cheese get in touch with me so I will know when to make the reservations.

TritonEd

Ya Cheese, should we be making reservations at Best Western now??

MotherNature

Looks like they are going to be booking up fast with all of the members that are planning on attending.

spetro

Chief and anyone else...I encourage you to make your Friday resi. at BW now.  I will post Monday on Rolands accommodations  8)

Chopper Dave

I will be in Fl, but I will be at the Classic working.  Good luck on the big O!!!
alive and kickin