July 2018 IBASS BS thread

Started by zippyduck, June 26, 2018, 05:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nutoy

Dale, those are some GOOD'UNS. They look really healthy for this time of year.

D.W. Verts

Thanks 'toy. But most of the smaller fish were really skinny. And my two largest were both 20"- one weighed about four, the other one (the single in the picture) weighed over five.

I think with the full moon that there are some bream spawnin'. That and the cooler weather have some of the bass feedin'n up.
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

fishballer06

Does anyone know if Zippy went fishing on Saturday???   lo
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

ItsJason

Hope everyone's out there having a great time catching.
Not sure if it's been making national news, but the whole of northern nevada and California seem to be on fire. And since I live in the only valley for 300 miles or so, guess where all that smoke goes?
Visibility is about a half mile right now. You can literally go out during the day and directly stare at the sun and not even strain.
I suffer from occasional cluster headaches and this is definitely triggering them. So I'm sheltering inside all I can. Been this way pretty much through last week and supposed to continue all through this week, so probably no culling for me this month.
At least the temp has dropped by 15 degrees or so since the sun is blocked out.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Lipripper

Quote from: fishballer06 on July 30, 2018, 11:57:56 AM
I've been  ~goof for some reports and he did get this one yesterday

Quote from: zippyduck on July 29, 2018, 12:59:27 PM
Got a 20.5 today culling a 15.5

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Lipripper

Quote from: ItsJason on July 30, 2018, 12:39:23 PM
Hope everyone's out there having a great time catching.
Not sure if it's been making national news, but the whole of northern nevada and California seem to be on fire. And since I live in the only valley for 300 miles or so, guess where all that smoke goes?
Visibility is about a half mile right now. You can literally go out during the day and directly stare at the sun and not even strain.
I suffer from occasional cluster headaches and this is definitely triggering them. So I'm sheltering inside all I can. Been this way pretty much through last week and supposed to continue all through this week, so probably no culling for me this month.
At least the temp has dropped by 15 degrees or so since the sun is blocked out.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk
I saw all that fire stuff on the news. You might have to put on a breather mask so you can get out and go fishing.  ~roflmao ~roflmao

zippyduck

Lots of movement in the standings this weekend.
I was lucky and jumped over Ron, Nutoy leaped over Steve, Tr21FL had a outstanding day, Even Fishballer moved past Jason.

Only 1-1/2 days to do any catching up.

Yes I did you tattle tale and I got no bites. See if I invite you again. lo
After I put you on your fifth and biggest fish.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

fishballer06

Quote from: zippyduck on July 30, 2018, 03:40:20 PM
Yes I did you tattle tale and I got no bites.

I'm sorry, do you need some tomato soup to wash off that skunk smell?  lo ~roflmao

fishballer06

Zippy and I seem to pick the worst days to go fishing. The bite was almost non-existent for us on Saturday and we were on the best bass lake around.

Lipripper

Quote from: zippyduck on July 30, 2018, 03:40:20 PM

Yes I did you tattle tale and I got no bites. See if I invite you again. lo
After I put you on your fifth and biggest fish.

Humm you went  ~cf and didn't get a bite well then this must belong to you.  ;D

zippyduck

AWWW thanks Jerry, You shouldn't have.

SteveTX

Not to rub it in but man what a fun day we had. Caught a lot of 3lb range bass. Caught 3 keeper catfish. and one Drum. They all seemed to like the Mann's 1-Minus and the 6th Sense Movement 80X.  lo I used the Lava Treuse color on the 80X, and the Baby Bass Crystaglow color on the Mann's

Here is the one cull I got for IBASS with the 6th Sense Movement 80X still attached.

zippyduck

Steve
Sounds like a heck of a day.

fishballer06

Quote from: SteveTX on July 30, 2018, 09:36:06 PM
Not to rub it in but man what a fun day we had. Caught a lot of 3lb range bass. They all seemed to like the Mann's 1-Minus and the 6th Sense Movement 80X.

I love a good Baby 1- bite. Sounds like a fun day!

Lipripper

Nice day Steve and sounds like a fun one also.

Quote from: zippyduck on July 30, 2018, 08:35:23 PM
AWWW thanks Jerry, You shouldn't have.
Your welcome

SteveTX

Just got back home after a last ditch effort to move up. Just wasn't to be had. That great crankbait bite was gone. We had a storm come through last night and I guess it changed their mood.

Was actually one of my worst outings in a while. Three fish none over 16" for 3 1/2 hrs of fishing. I actually was lost as a goose. I had 6 rods on the deck and felt like a fool trying to decide do I go pitch some more or back on the jig I caught one swimming it one pitching. Never could get a repeat bite either way. Caught one on a Movement 80X but I don't think he could have swallowed it if he wanted to. Also never could get any other attention on any crankbait.

Just didn't have it together today obviously. I knew I was on the clock and that didn't help. But I was really ready to clean up on that crankbait bite. When it didn't happen I think mentally I just settled. Hopefully next month will be great.  ;D