Bass Pro on Lake O!

Started by topdsm0138, January 15, 2023, 11:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdsm0138

Here's a link to the Thread in Dock Talk, about Bass Pro's Okeetantee purchace, for our Florida members. And if you're not Floridian, but love these issues, please feel free to leave your opinion.

Thanks.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https%3A%2F%2Fultimatebass%2Ecom%2Fbass-fishing-forum%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D158844%2E0&share_tid=158844&share_fid=24712&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from undisclosed location. -Tiller Mafia

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

acesover

Bass Pro will ruin it, because  they are nothing but a WalMart with a fish in the logo. And with the way that lake is being sprayed, the fishing will go downhill anyways.

topdsm0138

Quote from: acesover on January 15, 2023, 12:30:52 PM
Bass Pro will ruin it, because  they are nothing but a WalMart with a fish in the logo. And with the way that lake is being sprayed, the fishing will go downhill anyways.
First part of the project will be an Enviromental Study/Evaluation so they know what it will take to build and what it will take to cleanup & improve a certain area.

IE: *Hyacinths have taken over and boats can't get through. Oh, We will need 4 Weed-Doo's to come out once a month and "sweep" the area for boat traffic.

*We need more grasses to grow but the mucky layer on bottom is preventing that. Ok, we need to scrape the bottom in select areas and plant grasses instead.

*Someone has dumped years of trash and tires in the channel or surrounding area? Ok, we need a cleanup crew.

*ETC..

There is a lot rhat goes on "Behind the scenes" when approaching a project of this size, that a lot of people don't know or see. I did Geo work for their Dania Beach location. There was a lot of trash and even contamination, that they personally paid for, to clean up.

Let's get some more thoughts and opinions on this guys.

And Thank you aceover for your honest input, every opinion matters in our field, wether it is positive or negative (just be respectful of other members if using negative).

acesover

All they will do is spray more chemicals to get rid of any vegetation. With the way that lake is being sprayed now, it won't make a difference if they spray that area more.
I worked for bass pro, and what we were told was JM does not have a lot of say in how the company is run anymore, just the bean counters that are in control.

topdsm0138

Quote from: acesover on January 17, 2023, 04:18:45 PM
All they will do is spray more chemicals to get rid of any vegetation. With the way that lake is being sprayed now, it won't make a difference if they spray that area more.
I worked for bass pro, and what we were told was JM does not have a lot of say in how the company is run anymore, just the bean counters that are in control.
That's sad.

I'm going to remain a little optimistic on it for the time being though and hoping for a better turnout.