A cheap way to lose less lures and less money

Started by Izzi Fishing, September 28, 2017, 04:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izzi Fishing

Hi
Well, I bet anyone among you has already become a rage monster ( have a look at dude perfect fishing stereotypes lo ), and has almost thrown his rod into water after having loosed his fourth worm in a bass mouth .  ;)
The solution for this problem is a O rig tool and small rings of plastic you can buy in some fishing store . The problem is that we can't find these tools in any stores especially when you live in france where bass fishing is just beginning to be deemed interesting ! And anyway, have you ever noticed how expensive this is for just a little piece of plastic . I don't pretend to have invented something but I just want to share with you a little tip which could be a bit annoying and might take time but this is very efficient and allowed me to take more than 20 bass on the same lure .
you'll need
-a piece of transparent plastic pipe with a diametre corresponding to the diametre of the lure you wat to rig (I use tranparent aquarium pipes for more discretion)
-a lighter to heat up plastic
-a conic tool such as a pen to make the rig larger if necessary
-a wacky hook

Then you're going to cut a thin slice of this pipe (about 3 ou 4 mm) and you are going to thread the hook on the lure . If their sizes don't match you will have to heat the ring up to soften it and then thread it on the conic tool you've chosen until the appropriate diametre . Once this step is done the ring would match perfectly with the lure . At this point it will change a bit compared to a classic Orig because you are not going to pull the hook between the ring and the soft bait BUT penetrate the slice of pipe and the bait from a side to an other . this operation might be a bit complicated but it will give to your lure an incredible strength .
I hope you have understood my english and this tip has been useful for you ! I will try to send pictures of this rig very soon (time difference piss me off !  ~xyz)
cheers !

Bassinkorea

2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Oldfart9999

Thanks for the tip IzzI! Surgical tubing cut to 1/8 inch lengths works well also and you can color it.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

cport

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Izzi Fishing

Smallie_Stalker

Good tip Izzi!!!  ~c~ Thank you for sharing it with us.  :)
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

SteveTX