Boots how is the Trailer Performing Now ?

Started by Bud Kennedy, May 20, 2020, 06:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

After all the heartache gets stuff straightened out and now you have had time for some towing.  Just how is the trailer doing with the new Axles and Tires.  Hopefully they got it fixed right and you are now longer blowing out tires.

Rangerman

So far so good. Without a great dealer like Anglers Choice I really don't know what I would have done ;) They went the extra mile plus 10 to get it fixed.  Bud you know what I was having to deal with. Replace 5 wheel 4 or 5 Torsion Axle complete hubs all due to wrong indexing at Ranger. Believe me I spend tons of hours in reseach  and nothing about indexing or clocking.  It all came to light when two complete axles with all hubs came in and I had them installed local. Clearance of fenders were very tight before, with correct indexed axle and upgrade weight rating I have not problems best I can tell.  I am a very low mileage boater using ramps next to house, with a few trips to Tenn and maybe one to LSC. Before I burned two new tires off on a round trip to Saint Clair and back about  2000 mile total. :surrender: Again without a Great Dealer like Angles Choice in Martinsville and their crew I more than likely had to get you buddy to build me a trailer.  Just a factory screw up no fault of dealer.  They just sell em. With wrong index tires and wheels bottoming out on every bump and dip rubbing fenders and frame. Wonder I did not bust the fenders off lo.  Most noticeable diff. the trailer tracks correct behind the truck and I don't get the high speed sway.  Before at interstate speed I would getting to doing the Huck-A-Buck lo lo lo lo

All is well here on Norman for now. Hoping to get out after this week end test and break end the new Merc.  This fatboy does not fish much on week ens anywere and sure not this week end ~b~ Y'all stay safe and keep your lines tight.

rb-nc

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: rb-nc on May 23, 2020, 10:40:39 AM
What do you mean new Merc

RB click on the following link to see Boot's brand new Merc

http://www.ultimatebass.com/bass-fishing-forum/index.php?topic=151858.0

I think he experienced the "Wild Hair Syndrome"

rb-nc

Rangerman

About to kill me I have not even had it in the water for break in ~b~ Been cleaning a waxing after having to pull up and back from Martinsville in a driving rain.  With the holiday week end here and the White Boat, no way till some of the crowd goes back to work, hopefully soon.  No parking place at any of the ramps much after 9am and sometimes long wait to load and un load.  Most non backing pontoons, ski boats etc.  Nothing wrong with that other than they can't back and don't know to get you mess ready on the hill not the boat ramp. lo lo Bud you are got a LOAD of water coming you way the dams are running water WAO and Norman still about on full pond which is two higher than normal. Lake at 99.8 going to have to keep the grass crap from eating the wifes flowers lo