A few more good'uns...

Started by No Excuses, July 10, 2023, 11:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Excuses

After catching the 9-10 last Saturday, it kinda lit a fire! I went Monday morning and took Jack-Man and my biddy Darryl from 24-7 Hunt. We had a decent morning and lost another absolute giant. Got it right up to the boat, Jack had the net in hand and the hook just popped out and she swam away.... It was as big if not bigger. I was sick! Tuesday morning my oldest daughter went with me and we managed a few with a 6lb 14oz kicker. Went back Friday afternoon with my sweet wife and she caught a 5lb 8oz. Saturday morning my Mom decided to tag along. She started feeling bad and we left early, but managed a decent chunk for a rare photo of mom in the boat! When Me and Mel left the lake Friday afternoon I notoced a weird vibration. A mile from the house a tire let loose.... Fun times! But we did get to see a cool promise over the church where we put the spare on.

big g

Congrats on some real big old girls caught.  I have recently been in your situation with tire failure, except mine took the fender off with it.  Always a pain in the butt, but if you own a boat long enough these things happen.  Thanks for the nice pics.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Donald Garner

Mark, tks for sharing the trip and those pictures with us.  Glad to see that your trailer fender wasn't damaged from the blow out. 

Those fish come from Off - Shore Structure or you running down the bank line?
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

No Excuses

Yessir Donald they are offshore. I usually concentrate this time of year on brush piles in the 10-15 foot range. It's a run and gun type of deal. I have probably 15 or so that I concentrate on. Make 20 casts or so and if I don't catch one it's on to the next one. A few I'll go back and fish a couple times in a trip. Some are relatively close together where I just troll from one to the next one, and some are farther away. And it's really weird how they will be hot one year and dead the next. The one I caught the 9-10 on has always been good for a couple 3lbers. I always fish the last 30 min of the Thursday nighter there. Never caught a fish over 4lbs there. This year it's given up 9-10, 6-11, half a dozen over 5 and a couple 4's. It's crazy.

Capt. BassinLou

Nice bass! Sorry about the trailer tire.