Favorite on the Water Snack?

Started by Bigbass201, April 03, 2024, 06:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbass201

What's your favorite on the water snack to eat when fishing?  It's hard to take a bite when you can make a cast, but my partner and I will usually eat a quick snack in between moves on the lake.  I always called my partner the human garbage disposal!
He would bring Twinkies, donuts, candy bars, etc.  He has found out the older we get the more this seems to affect the fishing on the water.  You end up have a big sugar crash at some point during the day after drinking pop and eating candy bars all day long.  These past couple years we have both tried to bring snacks that are little better for us and not something that brings the body down later in the day.  Banana's, apples, walnuts, or even some beef sticks.  We used to eat all kinds of jerky, but after looking at some of the preservatives in them thought it best to find another.  We ended up settling on grass fed beef sticks.  Pretty darn good too.  Figure we spend that at the local gas station on the way to fishing anyway.  Guess when it comes to snacks in the boat it always seems to be an afterthought.
R & J Bass Fishing Videos

https://rumble.com/c/c-364035

Princeton_Man

My homemade deer jerky is first, regular store jerky, nuts, granola, lance cheese crackers. For lunch I like to make meat and cheese wraps. They're quick and easy to make, fit in a pocket as well as a locker. Normally use swiss or cheddar cheese, along with a variety of deli meat. In a pinch, PBJs are good also.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Bigbass201

Quote from: Princeton_Man on April 03, 2024, 07:42:18 PMMy homemade deer jerky is first, regular store jerky, nuts, granola, lance cheese crackers. For lunch I like to make meat and cheese wraps. They're quick and easy to make, fit in a pocket as well as a locker. Normally use swiss or cheddar cheese, along with a variety of deli meat. In a pinch, PBJs are good also.

What kind of wrap do you use for your meat and cheese wraps?  Probably hold up better than the bread I would think.

big g

I am a simple man.  At 15 years old Mom always made a PBJ on white bread.  At 70 + I will make a PBJ of white bread.  It always brings back memories of mom, it doesn't spoil, and only gets better if its warm, and gives me a boost of nutty energy.  Hasn't changed over the years, unlike everything else! :-*
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

D.W. Verts

Bananas. Nutritious and full of energy.

And like G, I eat PB&J, with REAL"J".

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Captsteve

Cheese crackers for me

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Bigbass201 on April 03, 2024, 08:42:47 PMWhat kind of wrap do you use for your meat and cheese wraps?  Probably hold up better than the bread I would think.
I prefer spinach. They do hold up well, even in pants pockets.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Dark3

We usually pick up sandwiches on the way out there. If with me, my 9 yo granddaughter is always crinkling chip bags making me crazy, like do you ever stop eating!? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigbass201

Quote from: Princeton_Man on April 04, 2024, 02:26:11 AM
Quote from: Bigbass201 on April 03, 2024, 08:42:47 PMWhat kind of wrap do you use for your meat and cheese wraps?  Probably hold up better than the bread I would think.
I prefer spinach. They do hold up well, even in pants pockets.

I've never tried the spinach wraps.  I'll have to give that a go.

Capt. BassinLou

My go-to snack has been Purdue chicken tenders. I put a few in the airfryer the morning of my outing. If I want a little bit more substance. I will make a couple of mixed green wraps with  the chicken tenders. It's been great.

Donald Garner

I usually make some sort of sandwiches and pack cheese and crackers sometimes packages of nuts.  Most of the time when I'm out we for the most part tie up and just have lunch.

I like PBJ's also  :food  ;)  We pack water and gator aid for our drinks.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

J.W.

I don't really snack much when I'm fishing. If I do, it's usually just something like deer jerky or sunflower seeds. When my wife goes, she takes the whole pantry. She doesn't snack on much of it either, but she has to bring it all "in case someone gets hungry."

Never bananas.

Pat Dilling

I usually bring a sandwich, deli meat and cheese.  Also cheese stick, apple slices, baby carrots and celery sticks.  Usually just drink water and save a diet cola for the ride home.  I like the wrap idea.  I have to eat gluten free, I wonder if the there are GF wraps?
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Pat Dilling on April 04, 2024, 09:56:47 AMI usually bring a sandwich, deli meat and cheese.  Also cheese stick, apple slices, baby carrots and celery sticks.  Usually just drink water and save a diet cola for the ride home.  I like the wrap idea.  I have to eat gluten free, I wonder if the there are GF wraps?
The Mission Spinach/Herb wraps are gluten free. A slice or two of meat and cheese, mustard, mayo, and/or a dab of horseradish. I roll them up tight in Saran wrap. I usually open and eat from one end and if I get fish I just toss it on the deck, take care of putting the fish in the boat, then pick up were I left off.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

D.W. Verts

Bananas. Lots of bananas. To HECK with the bad luck stuff.

Dale

J.W.

Quote from: D.W. Verts on April 04, 2024, 11:42:44 AMBananas. Lots of bananas. To HECK with the bad luck stuff.

Dale

lo

You're living dangerously, Dale  ;D

They give me heartburn anyway.

Captsteve

Quote from: D.W. Verts on April 04, 2024, 11:42:44 AMBananas. Lots of bananas. To HECK with the bad luck stuff.

Dale
Bananas are almost pure sugar

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Pat Dilling

Quote from: Princeton_Man on April 04, 2024, 10:24:34 AM
Quote from: Pat Dilling on April 04, 2024, 09:56:47 AMI usually bring a sandwich, deli meat and cheese.  Also cheese stick, apple slices, baby carrots and celery sticks.  Usually just drink water and save a diet cola for the ride home.  I like the wrap idea.  I have to eat gluten free, I wonder if the there are GF wraps?
The Mission Spinach/Herb wraps are gluten free. A slice or two of meat and cheese, mustard, mayo, and/or a dab of horseradish. I roll them up tight in Saran wrap. I usually open and eat from one end and if I get fish I just toss it on the deck, take care of putting the fish in the boat, then pick up were I left off.
Awesome, I will look for them!
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

D.W. Verts

Bananas are almost pure sugar

[/quote]

That's the ENERGY part.

Dale

FlatsNBay

I snack all day long. Kind protein breakfast bars and peanut butter and honey sandwiches are my go to. Best thing is, I don't have to worry about keeping them cold.