2007 Bass Tracker Pro Team 170 TX

Started by FishinBuck07, August 28, 2020, 09:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishinBuck07

I am wondering if any of you have one of these boats or a model year near mine, that have installed a recess tray for their trolling motor foot pedal?  I am wanting to install one in the front deck and was just wondering if it is even possible without messing up the structure of the boat?  Any help would be great!  I emailed Tracker and they said they have no technical support in the office that I would have to contact one of the dealers in my area.  I emailed Bass Pro since they are the dealer to see if they could help me with my question, but thought I would post it on here also to see.

WTodd

I had a Lowe ST175 and installed a recess tray. Odds are you'll cut thru some aluminum supports that go across the deck. Just brace them up but don't use treated 2"X4"s. I screwed several pieces of Starboard together about the size of a 2"X4" and then screwed them in place. Worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BassmanRudy

I have a 2009 PT190 and I was fortunate enough to miss any support braces BUT the center rod tubes got whacked(glad I removed the rods!!). If you have(or borrow from autozone) a boroscope drill a half inch hole in the middle where your box will go and you can "see" inside to get an idea of what you will be hitting. I will try and find my pics to show what I had. I did barely have room to sit the box down inside as the braces that run on the hull come up quite a bit. You might have to shim(1/2" or so) around the mount to sit high enough.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

BassmanRudy

Must be on my old phone as I can only find one on here. Jig saws work great as you cut it out. My box came with a template that I could tape to the floor and trace out. You can see the tunes I had to cut...

"Rudy"
www.mistertwister.com

FishinBuck07

Quote from: BassmanRudy on August 28, 2020, 09:50:17 PM
Must be on my old phone as I can only find one on here. Jig saws work great as you cut it out. My box came with a template that I could tape to the floor and trace out. You can see the tunes I had to cut...

Thank you for this!  Mine doesn't have rod tubes in it, just a long compartment to the front of the boat!  The rods just lay on the floor, so the tubes won't be a problem for me!

BassmanRudy

I guess I said tunes not tubes!

Hope it goes well for ya!

"Rudy"
www.mistertwister.com

BassmanRudy

Took some more today when I had to do some trolling motor maintenance so figured I'd post em.

"Rudy"
www.mistertwister.com