Block your tires

Started by znate80, March 03, 2020, 09:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

znate80

If you park on the side of the boat ramp make sure you block your tires. Would hate to see you end up like a guy from my local lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bassinkorea

Oh dear!!

There has been a few similar instances here in Korea, so thanks for sharing the tip  :-*
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Dog

That is where I launch all the time lol

Mike Cork

Happens here at least once a year... I've jumped out of my truck with it in gear, but my truck has a safety that if the door opens the truck is put in park (under 16 mph)

This guy looks like he's a planner though... wonder what happened... His spare tire has air so he normally thinks ahead...

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Princeton_Man

I was really good at setting the brake when I drove manual trannies. Automatic transmissions ruined me, but I've gotten much better at setting the brake when I'm towing and at the ramp.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Mike Cork

On PM's not, it's a wise idea to set the brake before putting the gear shift in park. This prevents binding of the gears in the tranny  :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Sandman7925

I think when that happens some of the time it is "intentional"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNDiver

Would Insurance cover that?   That would suck, you have the boat in the water and no way to get it back home.  Thankfully I know some people with docks by me I could take it to a park it.  But man that would suck!
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus