Baltimore Fishing Expo

Started by FishHawk, January 07, 2009, 01:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishHawk

Anybody headed down to the Baltimore Fishing Expo at the Fairgrounds in Timonnium (sp?) this week?  Looks like I'll be down there Thursday evening.  There's a couple good looking seminars on high & cold water smallmouth fishing techniques.
www.stephensoutdoors.com
www.crookedcreektackle.com

paxpress

Not worth the drive down.  I haven't seen good deals in years, pay to get in for little bass tackle and you have me staying home.    I would rather meet members for breakfast up here and go to Bass Pro instead.

FishHawk

Hey, sounds like a great plan.  What do you think would be a good time for that?  Mid-March?

Tackle wise, the show wasn't spectacular, but the Riverside Campground booth from Duncannon had some good prices on Mizmo Tubes and weedless jigheads.

I also saw a couple of good seminars.  The first good seminar was by Chris Dollar & Lenny Rudow on Shallow Water Light Tackle & Fly Techniques for stripers and other game in the Chesapeake.  Another good seminar that I got to attend was by Capt. Dave Kerrigan on High, Cold Water Smallmouth Tips & Techniques which had some good information and focussed on the Susky river in the Harrisburg area and points up to the Juniata.
www.stephensoutdoors.com

paxpress

Lets round up the Keystone State members and our brethren from Md. and meet next month for breakfast and shopping at Bass Pro.

Good seminars are always worth attending  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

FishHawk

Weekend of the 21st or the 28th sound good?  I haven't gotten together with any of the UB guys since the first battle on the border, so I'm looking forward to it.  I wouldn't even mind putting together a bi-weekly weekday evening river get-together this spring or this summer.
www.stephensoutdoors.com

paxpress

The 28th of Feb would work for me.  I could do a  couple of evening get togethers with enough notice.

FishHawk

You have a breakfast spot in mind?  I'm free that weekend.  I'll post a new thread and see who's up for it
www.stephensoutdoors.com

NateG

dude, i definately drove down there Thursday morning. We left around 3. Like you said the amount of tackle was less than spectacular, but I still managed to spend over 100$ at the Susquehanna stand on sebiles and river2seas.  :-\