KastKing Reels?

Started by Pat Dilling, February 04, 2023, 10:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Dilling

https://kastking.com/collections/fishing-reels/products/kastking-megajaws-elite-baitcasting-reels

Has anyone been using them?  Seems even some of the "pros" are.  The price is certainly right and the specs sound great.  Just read about the MegaJaws Elite bait caster that has new technology cast control.  From their web page: "MegaJaws Elite fishing reels have a revolutionary, patented-design Auto-adjustment Magnetic Braking System" (AMB) that never backlashes." Saying "never" is pretty bold. 
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

Capt. BassinLou

I don't own this particular reel, but I do own a couple of KK's, and they are not bad reels for the price point. I don't know if they are any good for the long haul, but again for the price point, they can be replaced without breaking the bank.

Dark3

Looks like they even make a 220 dollar reel. Lookin real aldebaren-ish. The one you linked is giving lews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pferox

I bought a couple salt spinning reels back when they were only available on the Chinese sites.  They are about 8 or so years old I would guess now.  They have held up to my abuse. 
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

apenland01

I have quite a few of their spinning reels and they've performed well for the money...

ike8120

All my reels are Kastking from the low priced to the higher priced reels. I have not had any issues with any of them. Not saying you can't have an issue with them, like any other brand. But you have the folks that also dislike them as with any other brand.
Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

bowhunter63

I have never used there bass reels but I have some friends who use their catfish reels and love 'em. Plus they get beat up pretty good and still going strong
Chasin bass and huntin bucks,life is good

Pat Dilling

I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

Mike Cork

I've not used them, but I've serviced a few. They are built as well as any other reel, the quality of components varies by price, as you'd expect. We just don't see many of them here in my area.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

FD

I've got several and I'm testing them to destruction.  Almost a year in and I like them as much as some of my $275 reels.

You cannot beat them for the price.

Sent from the very edge of civilization...where I belong

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

skidemn

I've got one of their $75 Zephyr 1000 spinning reels and it is the nicest trout reel I own. I'd put it against any sub $100 Shimano or Daiwa as it fishes and feels that nice. I also have a $50 Sharky III spinning reel that is OK, but not great. I'd say the Shimano Sahara and Sedona are but much nice for about $25 more. I also have one of their $35 baitcasters, which is every bit as good as you'd expect for that price, which is another way of saying it is pretty crappy. I read they buy their reels from a Korean OEM manufacturer, which doesn't mean they're bad, but it does mean that they don't control their own factory, at least not if what I heard is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk