Got one!! Base pond 7 Feb 23

Started by BassmanRudy, February 07, 2023, 09:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassmanRudy

Only had 1 bite but it was a good one!! 3/16 shaky head and a z man senko.. hit on the fall next to the reeds. I picked up and thought it was "in" the reeds but then felt a head shake!! Never jumped in the cold water and I honestly thought it was way bigger. I know its over 3lbs and may be 4 but didn't have my scales. 2 casts later had another bass follow my bait to the surface as I reeled in but didn't hit. But yeah I'm Stoked!! First bass in months!! Temps have warmed up some as we almost hit 60 today and should hit 70 Thursday before cooling off again. I'll bring my temp gauge for water temp tomorrow.

Also had a beautiful sunset tonight!

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Princeton_Man

Dang nice fish! What color senko is that??
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Donald Garner

Congrats on the catch and tks for sharing the trip and pictures with us also ~c~
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

BassmanRudy

Jim- it's called Goby Bryant by zman. Nice 2 tone color.

"Rudy"
www.mistertwister.com

Mike Cork

Nice catch, perseverance pays off ~c~ ~c~ I'm excited to see what that little pond produces come warmer months. You've been beating on it at the worst time for ponds and catching some decent fish, I can only imagine what it hold come spring and summer  :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Dark3

Beautiful fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BassmanRudy

Quote from: Mike Cork on February 08, 2023, 09:08:05 AM
Nice catch, perseverance pays off ~c~ ~c~ I'm excited to see what that little pond produces come warmer months. You've been beating on it at the worst time for ponds and catching some decent fish, I can only imagine what it hold come spring and summer  :-*

Yeah I can't wait to stalk the shoreline looking for spawners!! I bet there has to be a 7+ out there.
"Rudy"
www.mistertwister.com

Pat Dilling

Way to go!  Looks like a 4 to me.

It will only get better from now!
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!