It's amazing how we gravitate towards a favortie line.

Started by Hobious, August 28, 2023, 12:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobious

there are so many fishing lines out there.  different materials, and different manufacturers.  it is almost overwhelming at points. 

but i have my favorite Flouro.  to tell the truth, i cannot even recall how i arrived to this conclusion.  for me it is Sunline Sniper Flourocarbon.  all my baitcasters are spooled with a variation of this line.  i have two baitcasters with braid for punching and topwater presentations, but the rest are flouro. 

Braid, i am still wading thru the choices, but i seem to be headed towards Suffix 832.  but this is mainly because my local shop carries it in bulk and they have a MAGIC METHOD of spooling it up without a mono backer.  it will not slip on the spool.  i think if i bought some J-Braid from them they will spool it for me.

your line mojo lies where?

J.W.

For braid, which I throw a lot of, PowerPro original is what I always come back to.

For Fluorocarbon, I am still trying to find a favorite since I don't throw it nearly as often as straight braid. 

Mono I rarely throw anymore except on ultralight bream rigs.

Smallie_Stalker

I am pretty much a 100% braid guy with one exception.

My braid of choice is Reaction Tackle 9 strand. They make it in a wide range of pound tests and color options. I use the hi-vis yellow and hi-vis green.

All of my spinning reels but one are spooled with Berkeley Original Fused Fireline with a preference for the Tracer Braid color. The exception is one rod spooled with 15 lb. Hi-vis orange Reaction Tackle braid.

I have just one reel spooled with mono. It's a baitcaster I use for one particular cranking situation. That line is Berkeley Sensation in Solar color (I will go with the Blaze Orange if the Solar is not available).

I haven't used flouro in a LOOONG time. When I did I had settled on Berkeley Trilene 100% fluorocarbon.

I have some Sunline Smackdown braid and some K-9 florou I keep saying I'm gonna try but fishing opportunities are limited for me right now and I haven't gotten to try them yet.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Captsteve

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on August 28, 2023, 02:27:28 PMI am pretty much a 100% braid guy with one exception.

My braid of choice is Reaction Tackle 9 strand. They make it in a wide range of pound tests and color options. I use the hi-vis yellow and hi-vis green.

All of my spinning reels but one are spooled with Berkeley Original Fused Fireline with a preference for the Tracer Braid color. The exception is one rod spooled with 15 lb. Hi-vis orange Reaction Tackle braid.

I have just one reel spooled with mono. It's a baitcaster I use for one particular cranking situation. That line is Berkeley Sensation in Solar color (I will go with the Blaze Orange if the Solar is not available).

I haven't used flouro in a LOOONG time. When I did I had settled on Berkeley Trilene 100% fluorocarbon.

I have some Sunline Smackdown braid and some K-9 florou I keep saying I'm gonna try but fishing opportunities are limited for me right now and I haven't gotten to try them yet.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
I'm a 100% braid

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Capt. BassinLou

I'm 100% braid but use leaders often.

For my BFS Gear I use 20lb 9 strand braid from CPF Lures.
For the rest of my techniques I use 15 - 50lb  braid.
As far as my leader material I vary, but I gravitate towards Ande mono a lot.

Donald Garner

Most of my fishing is done with Mono line although I have use braided and fluorocarbon while tournament fishing.

My go to mono line is Berkley Big Game Clear.  Depending on the setup I'll use 12 - 25lb test.  Most of the time it's 20lb test with 12 / 15 used for crank baiting.

I've tried a few different braided lines but always have come back to PowerPro 50lb test Green.

Fluorocarbon Lines my choice after trying different ones is Seaguar Red Label 20lb test.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

loomisguy

I usually use sniper or invisx. I did get a spool of the new Spro flouro and its great and reasonably priced.

apenland01

I got a tester of the KK Kovert Extreme fluoro 17lb.  I spooled it up last night and will use it on my jig rod for the tournament tomorrow.  Usually for fluoro I use K9 or Sunline Sniper, love both of them...

For braid, I've got K9 and Ninex, never used much of anything else...

Mono is Sunline Super Natural or Ande...

bigjim5589

Sufix 832 braid, primarily for jigs and frogs

Ande mono, crankbaits & other uses. Ande has different formulations and I've used all of them. They also have a braid, I got a spool, but I haven't tested it out yet.

Yo=zuri Hybrid, any technique, especially topwater & spinnerbaits

I don't use any straight fluorocarbon lines at all.

I use all of these in various breaking strengths.

I also still use some Trilene but only for panfishing.
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

J.W.

Quote from: loomisguy on September 08, 2023, 03:52:02 AMI did get a spool of the new Spro flouro and its great and reasonably priced.
If I could find some around here I'd give it a try.

Any of y'all try that Senshi mono? I think Seaguar makes it. I don't fish with mono much these days, but my son had a reel spooled up with it, and I kind of liked it for mono. It seemed like it had less stretch than most mono lines, but still enough to make it good for treble hook applications. Casts pretty well, too. I still prefer braid or fluoro, but for those guys fishing with mono it might be worth a look.

caddyjoe77

Quote from: J.W. on September 08, 2023, 11:29:46 AM
Quote from: loomisguy on September 08, 2023, 03:52:02 AMI did get a spool of the new Spro flouro and its great and reasonably priced.
If I could find some around here I'd give it a try.

Any of y'all try that Senshi mono? I think Seaguar makes it. I don't fish with mono much these days, but my son had a reel spooled up with it, and I kind of liked it for mono. It seemed like it had less stretch than most mono lines, but still enough to make it good for treble hook applications. Casts pretty well, too. I still prefer braid or fluoro, but for those guys fishing with mono it might be worth a look.

yea and its real good actually.  really strong!!  Bought quite a bit a few years ago when amazon had the 1000 yard spools for like 40 bucks or something cheap 
BeerMe

caddyjoe77

i tend to go back to sunline stuff everytime.  Sniper, or their regular flouro. 
BeerMe