JRs rattlin/walkin shad quick review

Started by BassmanRudy, February 20, 2023, 07:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassmanRudy

Really like how this bait looked online with the ability to change the "tail" section. The bait rides narrow side down not flat. The skirt pulses and the tails look very convincing in the water. Changing to the different option wasn't too hard just be mindful of the hooks!

Pros-
-looks great! Tiny profile with sitting narrow side. I could see twitching this over a bed and Bam...
-ability to change tail sections. The tinier legs that also came with the bait did allow it to cast better.

Cons-
-if anything the bait is light so you can't bomb it like some frogs. May not be a bad thing but wanted to mention it. Did get better after changing the skirt to the tinier legs piece.

Conclusion- going to be a great on base pond bait. Won't/don't need to bomb casts there and it looks great with minimal movements.
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

J.W.

So kind of like a weedless Spook?
I wonder, with it being lighter, if it might be easier to use on spinning gear.
Looks like it would be a good bait for the Fall feed or the shad spawn. Do they walk pretty good?

Mike Cork

Keep us posted, I'm always looking for a new weedless bait to try and stay ahead of what the bass are seeing EVERYDAY....

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

BassmanRudy

Quote from: J.W. on February 20, 2023, 08:13:28 AM
So kind of like a weedless Spook?
I wonder, with it being lighter, if it might be easier to use on spinning gear.
Looks like it would be a good bait for the Fall feed or the shad spawn. Do they walk pretty good?

That is what I should do- I have braid on my spinning reels for a reason lol! As for the walking part it was rather windy when I tried so I wasn't able to get a feel for it. Mostly worked it like am old school popper- pull pull pause.
"Rudy"
www.mistertwister.com

BassmanRudy

Quote from: Mike Cork on February 20, 2023, 12:52:23 PM
Keep us posted, I'm always looking for a new weedless bait to try and stay ahead of what the bass are seeing EVERYDAY....

Will do!! Only going to get better on the pond once this forecasted SNOW goes away!
"Rudy"
www.mistertwister.com