XPS Triple Ripple.

Started by Larry Francis, February 22, 2023, 05:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Francis

I went to pick up a couple traps at Bass Pro, the ones you on this forum helped me identify a couple weeks ago.  when I was there I was browsing and came across this big worm called the Triple Ripple. It is a 9 inch worm with three slices in the tail. I opened this one up and looked it over. Kinda intriguing looking so, I bought a few in the Plum color. Move forward to Tuesday after noon. Went out on Ruby Lake where I live and this is normally a lake for speed worms in watermelon red or candy. fished a bit and no luck so I pulled out the new worm and started chunking. not much still but just before heading home I tossed over by a dock and was slow crawling it back. Got the thump and you will see the results below. I did catch another small fish on it soon after.

I think I might like this worm as kinda a soft speed worm. I may be late to the game on this worm but I found it now. Anyone else have any experience with it?
Molon Labe

BassmanRudy

Nice fish!!

Can't say I've seen them before but you may be right using it as a "slow roller"!! looks different than the other speed worms!
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Dark3

Thats a fat boy!! I like your hat too by the way. Ill have to keep this technique in mind. Did you texas rig it with a bullet weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry Francis

Quote from: Dark3 on February 22, 2023, 08:37:35 PM
Thats a fat boy!! I like your hat too by the way. Ill have to keep this technique in mind. Did you texas rig it with a bullet weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Texas rig pegged with a bobber stopper. 1/8 oz brass bullet sinker. 4/0 EWG hook.
Molon Labe

FlatsNBay

I used the triple ripple when I was a kid so it's been around a while. I don't remember how it performed good or bad but it must be pretty decent to be still on the market after all these years. Good luck with them.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

apenland01

We use the triple ripple all the time when fishing for crappie.  The little 2 incher...

Larry Francis

Quote from: apenland01 on February 24, 2023, 09:04:05 AM
We use the triple ripple all the time when fishing for crappie.  The little 2 incher...

Not sure it's the same but never knew they made a 2 inch one. This one is 9 inches
Molon Labe

Oldfart9999

I've used the grubs with some success, see no reason the worm wouldn't work also.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

fishingram24

Found a few 6 months ago in an old 3600 tucked inside an old tackle bag, 6" red shad, that were probably 30 years old. Looked great in the water but don't remember ever catching much on them. Glad you did.   
Retired and loving every minute of it!

apenland01

Quote from: Larry Francis on February 25, 2023, 07:27:12 AM

Not sure it's the same but never knew they made a 2 inch one. This one is 9 inches

Yep, it's extremely common and preferred amongst crappie fisherman lol.  Here's a pic of the 3 incher I just pulled from my travel tackle bag...

Larry Francis

Quote from: apenland01 on February 27, 2023, 12:57:01 PM
Quote from: Larry Francis on February 25, 2023, 07:27:12 AM

Yep, it's extremely common and preferred amongst crappie fisherman lol.  Here's a pic of the 3 incher I just pulled from my travel tackle bag...

Cool I never seen these before. May give them a try.  Question: Have you ever had any Bass on them? Seems like they would like them.
Molon Labe

apenland01

Yep, they'll pull bass as well...