Meeting BassmanRudy

Started by D.W. Verts, November 18, 2023, 07:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.W. Verts

I was kind of hoping that he'd post this first, but I met BassmanRudy last week. He's currently TDY at Whiteman AFB not far from here, so he came down to the restaurant last Sunday. The dirty dog never told me who he was until after he finished his meal, but then we had us a visit.

What a great and refreshing young man. We had a super, although short, visit (I'm the dishwasher, and it was SUNDAY, remember) but I was huge impressed with him. He's a proud testament to what our troops should be, for sure.

There you go- thanks for the visit sir.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Donald Garner

Yeah he's an alright guy in my book also  ;)   I've had the pleasure to meet him several times during the UBCS Events we fished over in Louisiana.

He's a pretty good fisherman too  ~shade

Rudy, tks again for your Service buddy  ~flag
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

FlatsNBay

That's awesome. I've met some great friends through UB

Smallie_Stalker

Rudy is a great guy. I've never met him in person but we've talked a few times through email and he helped me out with a sticky situation a few years back.

Not many people would do that for someone they never met. UB members on the other hand do it all the time.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Princeton_Man

Rudy is an awesome guy! I had the pleasure meeting him and having him in my boat a few years back. Rudy, BigWrench, and I fished a little of his home water. I'm sure hoping to fish with him again when he's home for a visit. ;D
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Mike Cork

He worked for me for a few years. Very good troop that knows his way inside and out of a 52 like no one else I know.

He told me about your visit and how much he enjoyed sneaking into the restaurant. He mentioned that if the government didn't shut down and send him home that he might get to visit again...

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

skidemn

I too had the pleasure of meeting Rudy earlier this year. We had planned to meet up for tacos, but my schedule ran a bit short so put off tacos for another time. We met up at Sportsmen's Warehouse and talked about a tournament he was headed to. I am hoping he makes it back down so he can see that my taco shop tips are better than my fishing tips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigwrench

Quote from: Princeton 8) _Man on November 19, 2023, 07:36:06 AMRudy is an awesome guy! I had the pleasure meeting him and having him in my boat a few years back. Rudy, BigWrench, and I fished a little of his home water. I'm sure hoping to fish with him again when he's home for a visit. ;D

Love me some Rudy. We had a great time for sure, brings back some great memories !  Stay safe brother!
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.