Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippyduck

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 08, 2018, 08:25:34 PM
Somebody has a bad Megabass addiction.

You aren't the only one to notice this new addiction of his.  :shocking:
Nothing wrong with quality tackle if you can afford it.  ;D Except explaining the cost to the little woman.  :help:
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

caddyjoe77

Quote from: zippyduck on February 08, 2018, 08:41:49 PM
You aren't the only one to notice this new addiction of his.  :shocking:
Nothing wrong with quality tackle if you can afford it.  ;D Except explaining the cost to the little woman.  :help:

It happens  lo. Luckily the only person that approves is my dog. He says yes. In fact, he doesn't say a word. As long as he gets to ride along and lick the fish he's happy.
BeerMe

cbburke

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on February 08, 2018, 08:56:47 PM
It happens  lo. Luckily the only person that approves is my dog. He says yes. In fact, he doesn't say a word. As long as he gets to ride along and lick the fish he's happy.

awesome partner !
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."

zippyduck

He bit again! ~rant

Got a mislabeled 735cb glass on the way.  It will be my only crankbait rod, although it will probably throw more spinnerbaits and topwaters.
Never liked the feel of glass rods but Mike convinced me with his review of the 736.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

caddyjoe77

Quote from: zippyduck on February 09, 2018, 02:20:32 AM
He bit again! ~rant

Got a mislabeled 735cb glass on the way.  It will be my only crankbait rod, although it will probably throw more spinnerbaits and topwaters.
Never liked the feel of glass rods but Mike convinced me with his review of the 736.

You're gonna love that one. Spinnerbait is perfect on it to pitch. Perfect.  Rod is accurate pitching around docks and boat lifts. I'm about to start using mine a ton in about a month.
BeerMe

Lee Smith

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on February 08, 2018, 07:50:52 PM
megabass orochi XX launcher -- 7'11 of mean cranking power.  Cant wiat to see how far i can chuck a DD22, or a 10 XD or those 6th sense deep runners.

Not as far as ole greenie  ;)
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

LgMouthGambler

Budget flipping reel is here. Feels pretty solid. We shall see.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lipripper

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 09, 2018, 02:20:24 PM
Budget flipping reel is here. Feels pretty solid. We shall see.

<")))>{
So you going to take it apart and beef it up a little.  ~bb

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Lipripper on February 09, 2018, 03:45:23 PM
So you going to take it apart and beef it up a little.  ~bb

Negative. Nothing to beef up. Drag is powerful enough, and really just gonna be locked down as its gonna be used for punching mats. No need for spool bearings, as Im not making casts with it. I have a carbon fiber handle from Lews that Im gonna put on it, but thats about it. Not even gonna open it up. I was using a $400 reel for this, then realized, I really dont need that kind of reel for what Im utilizing it for. So I sold it, and got this. (and another reel, but youre gonna have to wait and see when it gets here. I will say, its a very pretty, solid, and bullet proof reel.)  ~shade
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

analfisherman

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 09, 2018, 03:50:39 PM
Not even gonna open it up.
quote]

I thought it was always WISE to open and check the grease and lube done by the factory wasn't over done?

Or is that more important if the reel's goiing to be used more for casting distances.
But couldn't 'over lubing' cause challenges even if your only 'pitching'?

"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: analfisherman on February 09, 2018, 06:57:13 PM
Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 09, 2018, 03:50:39 PM
Not even gonna open it up.
quote]

I thought it was always WISE to open and check the grease and lube done by the factory wasn't over done?

Or is that more important if the reel's goiing to be used more for casting distances.
But couldn't 'over lubing' cause challenges even if your only 'pitching'?
Yes, and no. When you are flipping mats with a 1.5oz tungsten weight, the added friction can be a blessing. Lol.

<")))>{

caddyjoe77

BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on February 09, 2018, 07:46:58 PM
so you're saying put the B curado on it.
Im sure its what he is saying. Them Bs are still the best casting reels Ive seen. There is a reason they hold that much line. Lol.

<")))>{

LgMouthGambler

caddyjoe77

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 09, 2018, 08:25:20 PM
Im sure its what he is saying. Them Bs are still the best casting reels Ive seen. There is a reason they hold that much line. Lol.

<")))>{

thats about what i thought.  Love the two that I have and one of them is never leaving the arsenal. 
BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on February 09, 2018, 10:12:36 PM
thats about what i thought.  Love the two that I have and one of them is never leaving the arsenal.
New one listed on BBC for a killer price.

<")))>{

LgMouthGambler

Ordered a rod for the reel thats coming. Should make a killer combo with what Im gonna use it for.

<")))>{

Lipripper

LMG looks like a beast slayer now get it on a rod and go catch some beast.  ~bb

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Lipripper on February 11, 2018, 08:49:06 AM
LMG looks like a beast slayer now get it on a rod and go catch some beast.  ~bb
Actually the rod its going on is a Lee Smith Custom Rods 734 Liberty he built me a while back. Its got spiral wrapped torzite guides on it. That thing, even though its rated a 4 power, is insanely strong. What i really like about it is the tip allows the fish to grab a hold of the bait, and its gives a little bend at the tip. Then, I set the hook and its all over. Lol. I really love that rod. Its not the lightest thing, but man it is really freaking strong!

<")))>{

Lipripper

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 11, 2018, 03:20:35 PM
Actually the rod its going on is a Lee Smith Custom Rods 734 Liberty he built me a while back. Its got spiral wrapped torzite guides on it. That thing, even though its rated a 4 power, is insanely strong. What i really like about it is the tip allows the fish to grab a hold of the bait, and its gives a little bend at the tip. Then, I set the hook and its all over. Lol. I really love that rod. Its not the lightest thing, but man it is really freaking strong!

<")))>{
Just what you need for getting them big fish out of all that vegetation down there.  ~bb

SteveTX

OK I just wanted to try this Berkley Cherrywood HD Casting rod for nothing more than I was bored. I got the one piece Medium Heavy MODEL # CWD701MHC. It was free shipping for a $20 rod. Well I had to add a couple bags of the clearance Devil Spears to get it to the $25 free shipping. Anyway I got the rod yesterday and set a old BPS 7.0:1 reel on it. For a $20 rod I am pretty impressed with it just handling it here at the house. Other than Id prefer it to have a couple more guides of better quality its still appears to be a capable rod. 

LgMouthGambler

How are the guides themselves on those? I just ordered another Halo Daylite rod as I'm very impressed with the quality and feel for $60 shipped.

<")))>{

SteveTX

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 11, 2018, 09:11:38 PM
How are the guides themselves on those? I just ordered another Halo Daylite rod as I'm very impressed with the quality and feel for $60 shipped.

<")))>{
The description says
QuoteSS304 Guides - 20x tougher and 55% lighter than traditional aluminum oxide guides and are factory tested for dependability
Here is the first guide double foot, the rest are single like the second pic, and then the tip.

LgMouthGambler

Ah. What I call upside down spinning guides. Ok. Similar to the Lightning rods.

<")))>{

LgMouthGambler