Don't get stranded tip

Started by geneinnc, March 06, 2020, 08:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneinnc

My number one tip is 2 fold for an age old problem, stuck on the water!

A small set of jumper cables and the very compact jump box.

Jumper cables in case someone comes to your aid, and you can use them on your trolling motor battery battery to going.

The small jumper pack, small enough to carry with one hand can recharge your phone, provide a flashlight with a SOS function and the best part is it's there when you head back to the landing and and find the lights on and the truck battery dead.

Two objects that pretty much guarantee the boat AND the tow vehicle get you back home.

Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D...sw_r_other_apa_i_OQCyEbN8NRGHZ

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

nats

Quote from: geneinnc on March 06, 2020, 08:17:40 AM
My number one tip is 2 fold for an age old problem, stuck on the water!

A small set of jumper cables and the very compact jump box.

Jumper cables in case someone comes to your aid, and you can use them on your trolling motor battery battery to going.

The small jumper pack, small enough to carry with one hand can recharge your phone, provide a flashlight with a SOS function and the best part is it's there when you head back to the landing and and find the lights on and the truck battery dead.

Two objects that pretty much guarantee the boat AND the tow vehicle get you back home.

Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D...sw_r_other_apa_i_OQCyEbN8NRGHZ

. I nominate this tip

Donald Garner

Tks for sharing that with us.  I carry jumper cables in my Stratos.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

doroger

Bonus!! Seal your jumper cables in your vacuum sealer.  No rust, you can throw them anywhere (so long as you remember where you put 'em), even in the bilge.  If you have to use them, just reseal when you get home.

Don

big g

I have a jumper unit I keep in the boat and also put in the car when taking a trip.  It saved me once when I was snowed in at the North Carolina mountain home and my son left the interior lights on when getting his suitcase out of the car.  Without it I would have been screwed.  Great tip! ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

geneinnc

I hope the tip helps. I have an engineering background and I try to do preventive. I keep an extra motor guide prop, prop nut and wrench. I'm not in the pros class nor do I have space for a spare Suzuki prop and sure dont have the funds for a spare trolling motor! I'm trying to find parts for the motor guide now. Fixed income is such a drastic change. When I was working I would have grabbed the plastic and had I pilot and spot lock! Some REALLY good advice on this forum for sure.

Bassinkorea

Thanks for posting the tip in here  ;D
I also carry a jumper box and jumper cables in my boat.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Pacific NW Ron

Thanks for the reminder.  I actually could have used one of these a few months ago.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

TNDiver

Do you have to keep it charged?  I have thought about getting some these for our cars as well, especially the wife
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

geneinnc

Top it off or plug it up to your phone charger in your car or home. The batteries inside dont lose much on the shelf. Most all of them have the mini USB charge port, the same one on most phones. You really do need the mini jump pack and the jumper cables to really prep for the inevitable.

TNDiver

I see NOCO makes one as well
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus