Good Morning from Wisconsin

Started by dapadest, May 16, 2023, 10:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dapadest

Hello, All.
I'm new to this forum.  I just purchased a 1986 Tracker Tournament Tx 17' package: Boat, Motor (Merc 45), Trailer (Tracker), and Trolling Motor.  Everything in it is original, even down to the Tracker Tires.  Gonna be a 'project' boat, owner did little to nothing on it, so it's kind of a mess, literally...  ;-)  So I'm gonna be looking for some assistance in the info/documentation area as the owner had absolutely NO documentation for anything.

Me, I'm a retired grandpa, 69 years young.  Spent 33 years with USCG, 26 active (retired, CWO4/ENG4) and 7+ as a civilian (GS-13) at HQ in DC.  I spent 7 years doing Search and Rescue in Rocckland, Me; one year on a 133' Buoy Tender USCGC White Lupine in Rockland, Me; one year as a Station Keeper at USCG Reserve Group Southwest Harbor in Owl's Head, Me; a summer on the USCGC Eagle (Tall Ship); a couple different tours in Baltimore as a Project Officer for the 378' High Endurance Cutter class, the 225' Juniper class Buoy Tenders, the 175' Keeper class Buoy Tenders, and the USCGC Healy Polar Class Ice Breaker; 18 months isolated duty in the Arctic Circle in Alaska (LORAN as Chief Engineer); 3 years on the USCGC Sumac 114' Tug/136' Barge Buoy Tender on the Mississippi River in St Louis; and 5 years at the Juniper and Keeper Class Project Resident Office in Marinette, WI building both classes of Buoy Tenders where I retired in 2001.  I left HQ in 2008 and took a position at Marinette Marine Corp in Marinette, WI working on the 45 USCG Response Boat Medium and the USN Littoral Combat Ship programs for 7 years.
I have two daughters (46, 40), a son (38), and nine grandchildren (5 girls, and 4 boys ranging from 3 months to 23 years).
I'm happy to get back into fishing, again, and look forward to continued reading and meeting here in the forum.  Hope you all have a great week.
Dave
Marinette, WI

It's a sad state of affairs when someone wearing a helmet to protect a football is called a 'hero' and makes significantly more money than someone wearing a helmet to protect their country and /or save lives.
Anonymous

Capt. BassinLou

Welcome to UB! With such a distinguished background, I'm sure we can all learn something from you! Thank you for your service.

apenland01

Donald Garner

Dave,
Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here  ~c~

Thankyou for your Service to our Our Nation also ~flag  ~shade

You've been around.  I was born and raised in St. Louis, MO.  Spent a little bit of time fishing the Oxbows off the Mississippi River North of St. Louis.  I left there in 1975 when I joined the Army.  I was stationed / lived in Alaska for 9yrs (Fairbanks 6yrs & Anchorage 3yrs) US. Army.  I been up in the Arctic Circle area a couple times  ;) Yep there's nothing there for miles and miles  lo

Have fun restoring your Tracker Boat.  We have a few guys on here that have Tracker Boats.  They might chime in when they see your posting. 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard