This is a stud of a fish right here!!

Started by Capt. BassinLou, May 17, 2023, 02:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Had the pleasure of introducing my new friend Mike to Everglades peacock fishing today. Although the Peacocks did not make it easy on Mike today, he did manage to catch himself a stud of a peacock. It came in a hair under 5 lbs. Way to go, my friend!!

RangerAndBass

NICE FISH

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Drinking Rum before noon makes you a Pirate not an alcoholic!

apenland01

big g

Nice job Lou.  You certainly worked hard preparing for that trip.  That is one nice Pea and it must have been a fun fight!  Those bigger ones make the experience unforgettable.   ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Donald Garner

Lou great job of putting Mike onto the fish  ;) 

Mike that is a beautiful looking Peacock Bass there.  Congrats on the catching of it  ~c~
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Princeton_Man

Wow!

Even if that bite was tough, if that fight was anything like a 5lb smallie, Mike got his money's worth on that trip!  ~c~
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Hobious

how big does a Peacock get in FL.?

i have an Amazon Peacock trip coming up later this year.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Hobious on May 18, 2023, 04:26:02 PM

Biggest Peacock on record in South FL is just over 9lbs. Rumors are there are double digits swimming around but no one has come forward with a picture or video yet. South America is still home of the Giant Peacock.

big g

Quote from: Hobious on May 18, 2023, 04:26:02 PM

The really big South American Peas are a different strain then what we have here.  Those can get up to the mid twenties.  They released some of the bigger strain here in south Florida, but they didn't survive the first cold spell.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.