AZ Newbie to site

Started by AzBoonda, August 29, 2017, 08:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AzBoonda

New to the site and wanted to drop in and say hello :). Fish mostly local urban ponds around AZ with some stops at the lower salt river and mountain lakes. No boat owned here so shore fishing for me. Got my son started on fishing last year as it seems to relax him (ADHD). Look forward to reading lots of topics and contributing when I can.

Lipripper

Morning and to Ultimate Bass and glad to have you hee with us so make yourself right at  :)hsh: and glad to see your son getting into fishing and I do most of my fishing from the banks also. Hope to see some reports and  ;PHO) of you and your son out fishing. If you need any help around here just holler and someone would be more than happy to help you find what your looking for.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

AzBoonda

Thank you for the warm welcome. We are planning on hitting a few ponds this weekend and hopefully will have some pics to share.

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Lipripper

Quote from: AzBoonda on August 29, 2017, 09:10:43 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome. We are planning on hitting a few ponds this weekend and hopefully will have some pics to share.
all right and hope y'all can find some fish that are hungry. How old is your son?

AzBoonda

He will be turning 12 September 10th. Started him fishing a few years back but he was not that into it then. He has turned a corner and wants to start learning how to use lures like his dad. This summer while it is unbearably hot here we have been going out early in the morning and he started baiting his own worms and removing hooks from his catches. He also stepped into his first spinning rod this year but not quite ready for a baitcaster lol. Forgot I had a few pics from a couple weeks ago. 

SteveTX

Lipripper

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us and I bet it is hot out there.  ~sweat Keep on working with him and keep taking him fishing and making them great memories.

Pacific NW Ron

Welcome to UB.  You will find a lot of information on UltimateBass and there are a lot of opinions available. The members on this forum will treat you like family. If you have a question about anything, just post it and you'll get lots of answers. If you have a hint or an idea we would love to hear it. If you have a fishing story to tell post it, we all love a good story. The great guys and gals on UB are all willing to help.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

FISH520

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Polaris425

Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

AzBoonda

Feeling the love here. Glad I found this site as I have been looking for a nice forum for sometime. Most the dedicated Bass and fishing in general forums for Arizona are very anemic with activity. Course it is out sweltering season  lo

Lipripper

Quote from: AzBoonda on August 29, 2017, 11:58:39 AM
Feeling the love here. Glad I found this site as I have been looking for a nice forum for sometime. Most the dedicated Bass and fishing in general forums for Arizona are very anemic with activity. Course it is out sweltering season  lo
It does get a little sweltering out there  ~sweat I haven't been to Az in years. My friend and his wife come out there for some of the cubs spring training games.

Smallie_Stalker

Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! Pleasure to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself right at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable. 

If you would like to win some free gear from some of the great companies that sponsor our site be sure and put your name in for the New Member's Contest and the Weekly Contests .

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from what you share with us.

In the meantime, if you need any help with anything at all please don't hesitate to contact me or any other staff member.

Once again, Welcome!

><> Smallie_Stalker  <><
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

zippyduck

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

AzBoonda

Been browsing the sponsor sites and discount codes and information overload. I see my wallet taking a hit (granted smaller with discounts) along with my social life (yeah like I have one). My wife might divorce before too long :help: This site is awesome  ~c~

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: AzBoonda on August 29, 2017, 05:50:44 PM
Been browsing the sponsor sites and discount codes and information overload. I see my wallet taking a hit (granted smaller with discounts) along with my social life (yeah like I have one). My wife might divorce before too long :help: This site is awesome  ~c~

Put all your credit cards in a block of ice before you start looking for stuff to buy... that way, you will really need to think about it before you buy something....  ~roflmao ~roflmao

All kidding aside, welcome to UB, information overload is an understatement...  ~beer~

Lipripper

Quote from: AzBoonda on August 29, 2017, 05:50:44 PM
We won't tell her if you don't  ~shhh You could always tell her you won that stuff if she don't see your      lo lo

Smallie_Stalker

Hey Lip, where'd you get that picture of Obama stealing money from America's Wallet?  lo
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire