Lou's Signature Series Hair Jigs!

Started by bigjim5589, November 22, 2021, 02:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjim5589

Capt Lou Lagrange, and I have been collaborating on some hair jigs for his guiding business. He's been testing them and if you follow his Youtube channel, he's been having a lot of success with the jigs. I've posted some of the jigs already, the test jigs, but now he's narrowed it down to two of the patterns that he tested, and has added a third. The new pattern is intended to imitate a Threadfin Herring.  :)

These are all tied on the same  style powder coated jig head, and tied with synthetic hair, using 2/0 VMC Barbarian Jig Hooks. The weights are 1/8 ounce & 1/4 ounce.

So, here they are!  ;D

Lou's Mayan Cichild, Lou's Juvenile Tilapia, and Lou's Threadfin Herring.

Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Capt. BassinLou

BigJim, working with you over the last couple of months has been awesome!! Testing and fishing these hairjigs has been a great experience. Thank you for bringing my idea to life. Having my name associated with your hairjigs is so cool!! Thanks again Jim!!

Capt. BassinLou

If anyone wants to see the effectiveness of these hairjigs, head over to my YT channel Bassin' with Capt Lou and watch the Everglades Peacock Bass Fishing in High Water video. Those VMC Barbarian Jig hooks are unforgiving!!  ~bb

FlatsNBay

Great job Jim! Those are amazing!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

zippyduck

They look like walleye jigs. That perch color is going to be killer on the great lakes.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

BassmanRudy

That juvenile tilapia looks Great!! So many things it could be as well- baby bass, bream, shad etc.

How do you go about getting some?
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

bigjim5589

Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Oldfart9999

Those look really great!!! You might want to add a dark green top moving to chartreuse on the bottom, should work great for fall and spring perch runs for hungry bass.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.