Helpful reminder

Started by zippyduck, February 03, 2020, 01:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippyduck

I made lists for hook up and launch reminders. Then laminated them and attached them to the trailer hitch and boat keys

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

zippyduck

Don't ask how I came up with this list.

fishballer06

Quote from: zippyduck on February 03, 2020, 01:52:27 PM
Don't ask how I came up with this list.

Are you saying that I don't know how to prep a boat???  ~shade

PS - You forgot to add "Make sure Seth got all his plastics"
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

Smallie_Stalker

Good tip Zippy!  ~c~

Wish I had done somethng like that when I had my boats. I had a list in my computer and would print it out ahead of time but sometimes I would lose track of it in all the other prep.  :P

Several launches without the drain plug should have made me more diligent.  ~b~
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

WTodd

Do you have a reminder for the boat keys with the reminder for everything else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bud Kennedy

I don't need any written lists after doing the make ready thing for 4 decades.  I do realize that I have a set pattern and must remain focussed to do the make ready the same way each time.  I actually have a pattern for the tie down as well.  However if I get interrupted during either process, my best bet is to start over instead of re starting somewhere in the middle.   ;D ;D

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on February 03, 2020, 03:32:25 PM
I don't need any written lists after doing the make ready thing for 4 decades.  I do realize that I have a set pattern and must remain focussed to do the make ready the same way each time.  I actually have a pattern for the tie down as well.  However if I get interrupted during either process, my best bet is to start over instead of re starting somewhere in the middle.   ;D ;D

I'm the same way. I finally got my pattern down on the new boat. I start my pattern from the cab of my truck and work my way to the back of the boat. I don't like interruptions during this time also.  lo lo

Lipripper

Quote from: Bassinlou on February 03, 2020, 03:43:04 PM
I'm the same way. I finally got my pattern down on the new boat. I start my pattern from the cab of my truck and work my way to the back of the boat. I don't like interruptions during this time alsolo lo
That's when you need a list.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Lipripper on February 03, 2020, 04:35:39 PM
That's when you need a list.  lo lo

Nah... then I have to keep in mind where I put the list..  lo lo

zippyduck

Quote from: Bassinlou on February 03, 2020, 05:55:55 PM
Nah... then I have to keep in mind where I put the list..  lo lo
That is why the list is on the lock.

Donald Garner

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on February 03, 2020, 03:32:25 PM

When I first got into boating I'd made a trip list and kept it in the boat.  But now I'm like Bud  ;)
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

WTodd

I have a checklist too; it came with my new 2020 GMC Sierra AT4. I got the Pro Trailering System and I set up a profile for my Z18 trailer in the system so it recognizes it as soon as I plug in the trailer.  On the screen in the cab is a complete checklist you can go through. The system monitors tire air pressure and temp (this past weekend I had the TMPS installed in both tires and the spare. This week I'll go through all the lights so it will tell me when a light goes out. Yeah pretty slick.

zippyduck

Quote from: WTodd on February 03, 2020, 07:20:33 PM
I have a checklist too; it came with my new 2020 GMC Sierra AT4. I got the Pro Trailering System and I set up a profile for my Z18 trailer in the system so it recognizes it as soon as I plug in the trailer.  On the screen in the cab is a complete checklist you can go through. The system monitors tire air pressure and temp (this past weekend I had the TMPS installed in both tires and the spare. This week I'll go through all the lights so it will tell me when a light goes out. Yeah pretty slick.

That is really cool !  ~c~

zippyduck

The real reason I started a list is because the boats are different from each other. There are so many extra switches in the Stratos.

I had a routine down to less than 2 minutes in the Crestliner now I feel all left handed with the Stratos.

TNDiver

I need this!  Thanks, you reminded me that I forgot to plug in my battery chargers! 
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

zippyduck

Quote from: TNDiver on February 03, 2020, 07:49:12 PM
I need this!  Thanks, you reminded me that I forgot to plug in my battery chargers!

You are welcome !

WTodd

Quote from: zippyduck on February 03, 2020, 07:44:10 PM
That is really cool !  ~c~
It is and thank God the system is smarter than me

FD

After nearly 40 years of trailering I had an extensive mental checklist that was perfect unless I got interrupted.  After the move I've got it down to a 3 step process.

1.  Get in boat.
2.  Push button.
3.  Don't fall out of boat.

;D
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

zippyduck

Quote from: FD on February 04, 2020, 04:26:08 AM
After nearly 40 years of trailering I had an extensive mental checklist that was perfect unless I got interrupted.  After the move I've got it down to a 3 step process.

1.  Get in boat.
2.  Push button.
3.  Don't fall out of boat.

;D

Sweet!  ~c~
I wish I could have that list.

Oldfart9999

It's a good list. I don't use one, I'm like Bud, Don and Lou, it's automatic when I pull into the parking lot and open the door. The times something goes wrong is when I get side tracked, it happens mostly at the club when someone comes up and starts yakking at me or asking if I need help, (no, I don't need help thank you though, I'm here to make you ask silly questions like what are you doing. ~rant). The only place I forget to put the plug in or unite a line or unhook the winch is at the club when someone comes up and asks me a question.
Rodney 
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.