Checking trailer wheels

Started by Oldfart9999, February 03, 2022, 05:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfart9999

After reading Mikes post in the Trailers thread I thought I would mention again what I've posted here before. When you reach your destination with your rig, take the minute or so to walk around the trailer and touch and look at the wheels, if they are warm or hot you have a problem, anything  from a soft tire to a wheel bearing going and you will be able to get it fixed before you wind up stranded. It only takes a a minute or 2 and will let you see things like missing lugs, soft tires, tire wear etc.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Bassinkorea

Thanks for the info Rodney, I got into this habit some time ago  :-*
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Mike Cork

I learned to do this on long trips as well. Every time I stop for gas, go touch the hub and wheel. Can save loosing a bearing out on the highway...

Great reminder.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Donald Garner

I need to pay more attention to this myself.  On long trips when stopping for gas etc. I always do a walk around.  My short trips to Belton or Stillhouse not so much so.

Rodney tks for sharing this with us.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

big g

Quote from: Mike Cork on February 03, 2022, 08:12:58 AM
I learned to do this on long trips as well. Every time I stop for gas, go touch the hub and wheel. Can save loosing a bearing out on the highway...

Great reminder.

Good point, I always do the same.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.