Weedless daredevle

Started by Esox obsessed, June 05, 2023, 01:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esox obsessed

So there is this spot for bass and  i have and can only shore fish however because of the weeds it makes it unfishable for a lot of the pond most of the year until they clear it out if anyone has had success with the weedless daredevle and if it performed as weedless as the johnson silver minnow or some other way to get a daredevle weedless because the Johnson silver minnow the fish did't like and isn't able to get the attention of the fish the way a spoon can because there is no distinctive places for fish to hide or points of interests especially on the weekend when they turn off the fountains?

coldfront

go out there on youtube and check out hickbilly outdoors.

dale has a couple (okay, at least ONE) video where he's fishing a johnson silver minnow.  some good tips there (visual:  pay attention to what he has on it, how he's fishing it...)

can confirm:  it works.

njpaulc

There are a number of ways to make a regular spoon weedless, the first one I can think of is to replace the treble hook with a worm hook and rig a grub weedless as a trailer.

Smallie_Stalker

Try a Mepps Timber Doodle. You can throw it in the heart of heavy vegetation.

Back when I fished spoons like the Daredevil this is what I used to do if I couldn't throw the Daredevil where I wanted it.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Esox obsessed

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on June 07, 2023, 12:18:53 PMTry a Mepps Timber Doodle. You can throw it in the heart of heavy vegetation.

Back when I fished spoons like the Daredevil this is what I used to do if I couldn't throw the Daredevil where I wanted it.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Any specific size, spoon and tail color that would work the best for pike