VibraShocks

Started by fisherdad, March 09, 2024, 05:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fisherdad

Hey guys... Old time member but got out of fishing a few years ago but back at it. Back in the day learned about VibraShocks here and got a bunch when Karu was making them. Anyways when I got back into fishing last year I restocked my favorite chatters from Farmland. I'm noticing on these new ones that the split ring is getting stuck in the jig eye. Anyone else fishing them have the same issue? I'm guessing a fix would be using a bigger split ring or maybe smaller. Thinking about emailing the guy making them, I messaged him and seemed nice.

bigjim5589

I still have several Vibrashocks too. Thin profile split rings are available from Worth Manufacturing, which may be the way to go.

I haven't had many issues with the split ring binding, but it does happen occasionally. As long as the split in the ring rides in the hook eye, it's fine, but the hook eye on the Mustad hooks that Karu used are not real big anyway.
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Donald Garner

I have several Karu Vibrashocks Bladed jigs also.  I've not had any issues with the split rings on their jig heads.  I have a few other brands of bladed jigs also and had to change out the split ring to a smaller one due binding.

I just went and purchase some smaller split rings from Academy.  I want to say they were Eagle Claws brand.  I bought like a whole packet of them.   
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard