February 2018 FLBR BS Room

Started by Capt. BassinLou, January 31, 2018, 10:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: topdsm0138 on February 16, 2018, 05:20:02 PM
Thinking I should buy a small scale now. Thanks guys. Lol

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
Thats the Rapala mini scale. Not expensive. Well worth having it around. You never know when you'll hook a PB or a Trophy catch fish.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on February 16, 2018, 04:34:29 PM
It sure will. Just make sure you tug on both ends when the fish is on to make sure its not folded up somewhere. I am going to take it with me tomorrow on Big G's boat. Last time I used my fold-able ruler and the damn fish all kept sliding off it. This should work better.
Thanks Fred!
Good luck tomorrow fishing with George and hope you can get another one of them big girls to bite. ~bb

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

topdsm0138

Heads up for anyone fishing Lake Osbourne, the jetskis are out again.. Can't cast anywhere without them whizzing by, seeing you fish, then stay right where you are. FWC needs to do something about these guys. This is BS!

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: topdsm0138 on February 17, 2018, 11:06:01 AM
Heads up for anyone fishing Lake Osbourne, the jetskis are out again.. Can't cast anywhere without them whizzing by, seeing you fish, then stay right where you are. FWC needs to do something about these guys. This is BS!

I hope FWC does something too.
Sorry you had another crappy day at lake Osborne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

FD

I caught a dink yesterday from the bank. He had been chasing bait all afternoon. It only took 3 casts.

The boat is hooked up and I was planning to put it in and fish but did not. Fatigue and finally knowing my limits kept it on the trailer. Out of necessity I crammed another 70 hour work week into 5 days but spent most of Saturday on the couch watching MLF and the Olympics.

Hopefully the meds kick in and I can get out for a few hours this morning.

swim/bike/run....repeat

Sent from the end of the paved road.....
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Fishindaddy on February 18, 2018, 02:56:38 AM
I caught a dink yesterday from the bank. He had been chasing bait all afternoon. It only took 3 casts.

The boat is hooked up and I was planning to put it in and fish but did not. Fatigue and finally knowing my limits kept it on the trailer. Out of necessity I crammed another 70 hour work week into 5 days but spent most of Saturday on the couch watching MLF and the Olympics.

swim/bike/run....repeat

Dang Lee sorry that dink wore you out.  Lol jk
Too bad you've had to work so many hours. That's tough especially in your line of work.
Hope you feel better so you can get out and fish a little.

Florida Bass Fishing

FD

Dink this!

swim/bike/run....repeat

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Fishindaddy on February 18, 2018, 07:26:00 AM
Dink this!

swim/bike/run....repeat

Holy smokes for a second there I thought you were LMG. But then I saw you have a longer reach than he does.  ~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao... Sorry LMG...that was mean.

Nice fish Lee! That puts you on the board!
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Nice fish Lee  ~c~ ~c~ Rick if that had of been a hat thewn I could see why you might have thought it was LMG  lo lo

West6550

topdsm0138

Quote from: Fishindaddy on February 18, 2018, 02:56:38 AM

swim/bike/run....repeat

Fatigue is no fun. Tale care of yourself there and just relax some.

topdsm0138

Quote from: Fishindaddy on February 18, 2018, 07:26:00 AM
Dink this!

swim/bike/run....repeat

A fish is a fish! Lol

West6550

Here's that 18.25" she was a chunky girl..

Deadeye

Some nice fish put up this weekend, great job guys.

Lipripper

FD

I managed to fish for two hours before the pain sent me back to the couch. Started with a crank but after a few casts decided that was going to end my fishing day quickly. Put the poles down in the mouth of a canal and picked up the worm rod and took a seat old man style. 6 fish all on a vibe. Super slow presentation around the mouth of canals. They were all post spawn but not feeding aggressively yet. Made a cast to the middle of the canal, let it sit and wait for the line to swim off on All but one of the six. The only bite I felt was the 10.5 that I took a pic of but thankfully did not have to use.

swim/bike/run....repeat

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Fishindaddy on February 19, 2018, 03:31:22 AM
I managed to fish for two hours before the pain sent me back to the couch. Started with a crank but after a few casts decided that was going to end my fishing day quickly. Put the poles down in the mouth of a canal and picked up the worm rod and took a seat old man style. 6 fish all on a vibe. Super slow presentation around the mouth of canals. They were all post spawn but not feeding aggressively yet. Made a cast to the middle of the canal, let it sit and wait for the line to swim off on All but one of the six. The only bite I felt was the 10.5 that I took a pic of but thankfully did not have to use.

swim/bike/run....repeat

Nothin wrong with fishing old man style. Hell I do it all the time. There's only so much my back can take.

Florida Bass Fishing

SFL BassHunter

Son of a gun. Took the blade off my spinnerbait.

And it's pouring rain .

Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on February 19, 2018, 08:35:12 AM
Son of a gun. Took the blade off my spinnerbait.

And it's pouring rain .

Dang Rick that one looks skinny too. Hope you have a good  ~rain suit.  I do a lot of that old man style of fishing also.  ;D

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Lipripper on February 19, 2018, 08:40:14 AM
Dang Rick that one looks skinny too. Hope you have a good  ~rain suit.  I do a lot of that old man style of fishing also.  ;D
No rain suit. Just soaked. Went to the car waited a while it stopped went back out it started again and got soaked again. Got back in the car and left. It's stopped raining since I left. Classic.

Yeah lip these fish are post spawn. There are still some spawners out there but many of them are post spawn.

I need to buy some spinnerbait blades. This is the second time a blade comes off that spinnerbait and thats my favorite one and my most productive. Other than the blades coming off that thing has lasted a good amount of quality fish. Thought I had closed the loop good last time it happened but I guess not well enough.
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Sorry you lost your blades and hope you can finds some more at a good price. There has to be some way to fix that thing so they won't come off.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Lipripper on February 19, 2018, 09:32:38 AM
Sorry you lost your blades and hope you can finds some more at a good price. There has to be some way to fix that thing so they won't come off.
I need to close the loop better.
I'll buy some blades for it and swivels at some point soon. Monster Tackle does finally have that color. So I just ordered 2 Fin Junkie Tackle spinnerbaits in Threadfin and 2 in bluegill.
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

[
Quote from: SFL BassHunter on February 19, 2018, 10:23:50 AM
I need to close the loop better.
I'll buy some blades for it and swivels at some point soon. Monster Tackle does finally have that color. So I just ordered 2 Fin Junkie Tackle spinnerbaits in Threadfin and 2 in bluegill.
Good for you and glad they got your color in that you have been looking for.  ~c~ If they every got my LT Frog in th eAlbino I would be in trouble. lo lo

Lipripper

Chris that 18.5" you just caught was a nice fat looking Bass and you can tell she hasn't dropped her eggs yet. ~c~ ~c~

cport

The eleven pounder is long gone. I'm at a retention pond right now. The female keeps circling out, I'm thinking she hasn't decided to spawn yet. She wasn't here two days ago. The new male doesn't look committed right yet. Might have to come back tomorrow

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣