New Curado K

Started by LgMouthGambler, June 26, 2017, 01:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

This picture was in BASS Times.

<")))>{
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

j102

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: j102 on June 26, 2017, 01:33:42 PM
New and improved?

Depends. Rock and I would like to see metal wormshaft and pawl, new gen brakes with an MGL spool. He wants the SVS dial underneath.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

rockchalk06

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 26, 2017, 01:39:58 PM
Depends. Rock and I would like to see metal wormshaft and pawl, new gen brakes with an MGL spool. He wants the SVS dial underneath.  lo

The MGL spool isn't a deal breaker, but that SVS on the side is.

SFL BassHunter

That's not a Daiwa...  ~fl
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rickdelprado on June 26, 2017, 03:49:38 PM
That's not a Daiwa...  ~fl

Nope. But hopefully Shimano made some well needed improvements to bring back the masses.

cortman

MGL spool would put it firmly in close competition with any similarly priced Daiwa offering IMO.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: cortman on June 26, 2017, 08:15:54 PM
MGL spool would put it firmly in close competition with any similarly priced Daiwa offering IMO.
Especially with the SV in the Tatula

<")))>{

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: cortman on June 26, 2017, 08:15:54 PM

Yeah I got no beef with Shimano. They make great quality reels.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Mike Cork

You two giving the whole Shimano Curado line a bad wrap over the 70  ~roflmao

Of which you might eat your words. It's still very early though. Unfortunately we need a couple years to prove good or bad on the pawl and worm gear system

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

j102

I'm happy with the only one I have now, the Curado I.
New stuff is always a good thing.

cortman

Yeah I never understood all the hate for the Curado I.
I had 3, have since upgraded to higher end stuff, but I super liked all three.

FloridaFishinFool

Quote from: cortman on June 27, 2017, 03:03:01 PM

Same here. I have 4 Curado i reels and love them. Looking forward to the new one!
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: cortman on June 27, 2017, 03:03:01 PM
It's been a dwindling thing from most Shimano fans since the E. Big issue came when they brought the G, kinda made people sour.

<")))>{

LgMouthGambler

So apparently its being marked as the Curado K. Here is the specs according to their rep.

The new 7th generation of Curado is a complete redesign loaded with new features. Built tournament tough, Curado is the benchmark for reliability and durability. Generations of anglers have looked to Curado as their trusted partner.
Shimano gives you more than ever with the new Curado K series reels. Now featuring the latest in Shimano technology, such as super smooth, efficient, durable MicroModule gearing, and offered in multiple gear ratios up to 8.5:1, Curado builds on its legacy as the 'go to' baitcasting reel for both fresh and saltwater action

A new matte black appearance with Curado "green" spool and cast control knob for a nod to the old B model.

MicroModule gearing uses smaller gear teeth to make for a smoother retrieve. By allowing more teeth to contact each other, the gear train becomes more efficient.

The latest generation of SVS Infinity allows for a wider adjustment with the brakes. The new design reduces vibration and maintenance. The result is a smoother and longer cast.

Reduced frame size to allow for a more comfortable feel in the hand. The 10% reduction in both length and width make the reel easier to palm and reduces fatigue.

The B side (palm side) plate is now attached to the reel.

6.2:1/26 Inches Per Crank
7.4:1/ 30 Inches Per Crank
8.5:1/ 36 Inches Per Crank

11 pounds max drag

90mm Handle Length

6+1 bearings (4 S-ARB, 2 SUS and Roller bearing)

Aluminum frame, CI4+ A-side, Graphite B-side

7.6 ounces (standard and HG)
7.8 ounces (XG)

$179.99

Capt. BassinLou

Sounds like a sweet reel. I like the fact they increased the reel handle length. 90mm is a great length.

LgMouthGambler

Official picture

<")))>{

FloridaFishinFool

J or K ???

Looking forward to ICAST to get my hands on one whatever it is!

I plan on hitting the Shimano booth first!
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: FloridaFishinFool on June 28, 2017, 08:59:01 AM
J or K ???

Looking forward to ICAST to get my hands on one whatever it is!

I plan on hitting the Shimano booth first!

Its been labeled as the K. I was pretty sure that the J didnt seem right as because of their salt water lines.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Bassinlou on June 28, 2017, 08:05:39 AM
Sounds like a sweet reel. I like the fact they increased the reel handle length. 90mm is a great length.

It's about damn time. They had to compete with Daiwa and their standard 90 mm handles on even their cheaper reels.

90 is a good size. The Shimano smaller handles really bug me. I hate having to pay that much for a reel then have to go upgrade the handle with an extra 70-80 bucks.
Florida Bass Fishing

cortman

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 28, 2017, 04:14:45 AM
It's been a dwindling thing from most Shimano fans since the E. Big issue came when they brought the G, kinda made people sour.

<")))>{

Yeah, I understand the G was not a good reel at all, and you almost never see them for sale secondhand either.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: cortman on June 28, 2017, 09:40:14 AM
Yeah, I understand the G was not a good reel at all, and you almost never see them for sale secondhand either.

I think they have got it right this time with the new SVS Infinity system. Im still awaiting a response for the materials of the wormshaft and pawl.

rockchalk06

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 28, 2017, 09:54:54 AM
I think they have got it right this time with the new SVS Infinity system. Im still awaiting a response for the materials of the wormshaft and pawl.

What about the SVS dial?

The Side Plate being attached is a mother humper of a plus!

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rockchalk06 on June 28, 2017, 10:27:43 AM
What about the SVS dial?

The Side Plate being attached is a mother humper of a plus!

Look down at the bottom front of the palm plate.

cojab

LH retrieve available in all the ratios?

I like that it went on a diet. The older models were a little chunky feeling for me.
TTK has spoken.