Cabelas Mean Eye Jerkbait vs. Bass Pro XPS Bass Hawk Jerkbait

Started by Bretts_daddy, March 24, 2017, 05:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bretts_daddy

Anybody have experience with both of these? Which one is better and why?
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

No matter how much we know about fishing there is always more to learn!

Oldfart9999

Have no idea, you might try a couple of each and compare them on the water. You might find one works better than the other in certain circumstances.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

loomisguy

Or just buy a Spro Mcstick or 2 and take the guess work out of it.
The bait works great out of the package. Good paint , good hooks.

bigjim5589

IMO, all lures will catch some fish, and as Rodney said, depends on the time & place. I've got some Cabelas & BPS jerk baits, and some of the Academy H2O versions and have caught fish on all of them. I like experimenting, and they all have slightly different actions. Sometimes, I've found that these lures work better then the big name brand lures, because they have different actions.

Best thing is buy a few & use them, to determine whether you like them or not. Having confidence in what you use plays a huge role in success, or lacking confidence, in failure. Whenever I try a new lure, I first have confidence in myself, then fish the lure as if I've been using it for years. Only been disappointed a few times, with individual lures that couldn't be tuned, but as I said, have caught fish with all those brands, plus some no names too.

If you want to try something different, look at the Yozuri Pin's Minnow series.  ;)
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.