Dumb question

Started by Pondprowlers, February 04, 2017, 09:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pondprowlers

So I'm somewhat new to boats. On my PT175txw it has 3 holes in the back. What's the 3rd do? I know where boat plug and live well intake are but there's a 3rd with a rubber gasket around the outside but no plug. Live well overflow?

edwonbass

Not a dumb question. It is most likely the live well drain. Should be a hole with a screen of some sort for the live well intake as well. It's always good to know what everything is on a boat and how it works.
I refurbished my old tin last year. Having torn everything out and replacing or re-installing it, I now know every wire, tube and broken screw head is in that boat.

Mike Cork

Thanks edwonbass  ~c~ Always great to have someone with solid experience  ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Oldfart9999

Quote from: edwonbass on February 05, 2017, 05:30:15 AM
Not a dumb question. It is most likely the live well drain. Should be a hole with a screen of some sort for the live well intake as well. It's always good to know what everything is on a boat and how it works.
I refurbished my old tin last year. Having torn everything out and replacing or re-installing it, I now know every wire, tube and broken screw head is in that boat.
What he said!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Pondprowlers

Thanks guys thats what I figured it was. Just wanted to make sure before taking her out next weekend.  Thanks!

Lipripper

Quote from: Pondprowlers on February 05, 2017, 10:27:50 AM
Thanks guys thats what I figured it was. Just wanted to make sure before taking her out next weekend.  Thanks!
Where you heading to. You going fishing or just taking her out for a run.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

cojab

Possibly the bilge pump discharge???
TTK has spoken.

Pondprowlers

Quote from: Lipripper on February 05, 2017, 10:30:10 AM
Where you heading to. You going fishing or just taking her out for a run.

think im gonna make a run down to Clinton lake on saturday since its supposed to be 50. hoping the rain keeps pushing later, otherwise i probably wont make the drive. wanna test out the motor and finally do some fishing.

Pondprowlers

Quote from: edwonbass on February 05, 2017, 05:30:15 AM

Thanks!

yeah the one im refering to is to the left of the boat plug, and correct the other has a mesh screen for the intake. bilge pump out is up in the top corner above the water line. was just making sure this didnt need to be plugged, so im guessing small amount of water may backfill up the line and into the livewell?

edwonbass

Quote from: Pondprowlers on February 05, 2017, 06:15:30 PM
Thanks!

yeah the one im refering to is to the left of the boat plug, and correct the other has a mesh screen for the intake. bilge pump out is up in the top corner above the water line. was just making sure this didnt need to be plugged, so im guessing small amount of water may backfill up the line and into the livewell?

On mine the drain for the live well sits higher than the water line so I don't notice any water leaking in. I would expect that there is some in the line while it's in the water. Inside my live well is a tube that sticks up out of the live well drain. It serves as an overflow tube. To empty the live well you just pull the tube out and the water drains.
And yes, most bilge outlets are well above the water line. Mine is on the side of the boat about 2-3 inches from the top.

chrismck6624

It should have to do with your live well.  I've got a 175txw as well.  My first time out with the boat I put the drain plug in that same hole because that's where the guy told me it went. Well it didn't take long of being on water to discover the guy told me wrong. Luckily I was able to get it back to shore on and the trailer before it became fish cover at the bottom of the lake. Lol. I've you have the plug in the right one then your good.

edwonbass

One other thing to note, that transducer doesn't seem to be level. Maybe it's the angle that the picture was taken but it looks like it lines up with the bottom of the boat and will not point straight down.

Pondprowlers

Quote from: edwonbass on February 06, 2017, 04:46:51 AM
One other thing to note, that transducer doesn't seem to be level. Maybe it's the angle that the picture was taken but it looks like it lines up with the bottom of the boat and will not point straight down.

Yep thanks I noticed that last week it vibrated while towing back cuz they forgot to do the last set screw but that's fixed now.

edwonbass

Quote from: Pondprowlers on February 06, 2017, 09:15:07 AM
Yep thanks I noticed that last week it vibrated while towing back cuz they forgot to do the last set screw but that's fixed now.

That's good to hear! Happy fishing!

Lipripper

Pondprowlers I see your photobucket pictures are gone too  ~sweat I thought it was just mine that had vanished. lo lo

Pondprowlers

Quote from: Lipripper on February 06, 2017, 05:59:22 PM
Pondprowlers I see your photobucket pictures are gone too  ~sweat I thought it was just mine that had vanished. lo lo

hrm i see the pictures still.

Lipripper

Quote from: Pondprowlers on February 06, 2017, 07:02:59 PM
hrm i see the pictures still.
It's been out all day and just came back not to long ago. I thought it might of just been me cause all of mine was like that but they are back now. ~sweat Photobucket might have been down for repairs. ;D