Trying to figure out "holes" in transom 175txw

Started by RogerS, April 16, 2017, 07:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogerS

Got a new 2017 175 txw (loving it!) and trying to find my way around everything. There are lots of "holes" or ports on the transom and trying to figure out what each one is for. So far, I know the 2 on the port side above the water line are the bilge pump out and the livewell pump out. Then the 3 on the lower center (from left to right) are the livewell drain, bilge plug, and the livewell intake (screened). My question is what are the 2, on the horizontal plane, above the bilge plug, used for, i.e., what purpose do they serve?
Thanks in advance.

gatorglenn

Those should be the aeration pumps for livewell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06 PT 175 TX
Mercury 60 hp

gatorglenn

They are hoses hooked to them that go up over the batteries right. At least when I looked at a 195 awhile back that was where I thought they ran to

06 PT 175 TX
Mercury 60 hp

RogerS

Thanks Gator Glenn. But how does this work?. On my dash, I have 2 switches for the livewell. One is for "aerate" which as I understand pumps water in from screened port on transom. And the other is for "recirc" which either recircs the water or pumps out the water in the livewell, depending on the red pull thing in the livewell. So I'm wonder how 2 ports would come into play. And yes, there are hoses attached to them.
Thanks again for any clarification.
Cheers,
Roger

gatorglenn

You know I bet they are your over flow outlets

And yes with the nozzle in you can pump in from outside. The nozzle in to fill. You have another pump on the back of the livewell that will recirculation in the in position. Pull nozzle out and use the recer pump switch to pump out.

Those two ports on the step with the hoses could be your fill if they have screens and the pumps are up by the tank. If it's just a hose with no screen on it more likely they are to overflow drain coming from the top side of the live well this is my guess since I only looked at one briefly my 06 is different

06 PT 175 TX
Mercury 60 hp

RogerS

Ah-Ha!! I think you are correct....must be for the overflow for the livewell....no idea why I would need 2 hoses/outlets, but hey, greater minds are at work at Tracker Marine than mine. Thanks for the assist.  :)