Master of Disguise

Started by Bigbass201, December 31, 2023, 07:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbass201

It amazes me how these people that catch snapping turtles with their hands don't come of with a digit or two less.  I was out fishing last summer and seen this snapping turtle just hiding and waiting for a fish to swim by.  It was amazing how well it blended in with its environment! 

https://rumble.com/v44bkto-snapping-turtle-the-master-of-disguise.html?mref=66lt3&mc=9e0fe
R & J Bass Fishing Videos

https://rumble.com/c/c-364035

bassmedic46

It is amazing watching people catch them without losing any fingers. I can't pick them up to help them cross the road. I have to use a shovel or something to pick them up.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

D.W. Verts

Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Bigbass201

Quotewinmps

lo  lo

Quote from: bassmedic46 on December 31, 2023, 11:26:27 AMIt is amazing watching people catch them without losing any fingers. I can't pick them up to help them cross the road. I have to use a shovel or something to pick them up.

Better safe than sorry.   :-*

bassmedic46

Quote from: D.W. Verts on December 31, 2023, 01:22:24 PMWimps...

Dale
I never thought of myself as a wimp before. I'm getting old
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

D.W. Verts

I'm the guy who has pet a live coyote in a trap. I'm one of those guys who has stuck his arm in holes under the banks of a creek. I'm the guy who has held red and grey fox alive by the scruff of the neck (don't try this with a bobcat. It gets... Ugly). I'm the guy who sets next to and talks to live skunks in a cage trap. I'm that guy.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: D.W. Verts on December 31, 2023, 11:52:05 PMI'm the guy who has pet a live coyote in a trap. I'm one of those guys who has stuck his arm in holes under the banks of a creek. I'm the guy who has held red and grey fox alive by the scruff of the neck (don't try this with a bobcat. It gets... Ugly). I'm the guy who sets next to and talks to live skunks in a cage trap. I'm that guy.

Dale
I'd do all that stuff except stick my arm in holes under banks. A gator or the wrong kind of snake........

Nah. I wanna live as long as I can and the older I get the less I want to tip the odds in the other direction.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Mike Cork

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on January 01, 2024, 11:40:40 AM
Quote from: D.W. Verts on December 31, 2023, 11:52:05 PMI'm the guy who has pet a live coyote in a trap. I'm one of those guys who has stuck his arm in holes under the banks of a creek. I'm the guy who has held red and grey fox alive by the scruff of the neck (don't try this with a bobcat. It gets... Ugly). I'm the guy who sets next to and talks to live skunks in a cage trap. I'm that guy.

Dale
I'd do all that stuff except stick my arm in holes under banks. A gator or the wrong kind of snake........

Nah. I wanna live as long as I can and the older I get the less I want to tip the odds in the other direction.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Smallie, keep in mind that those holes are underwater and everything that might hurt you breathes air so they won't be in those holes LOL ~roflmao  :surrender:  :surrender:  :surrender:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Here's one you don't want to play with though, she was bigger that a garbage can and her head was the size of a lawn mower tire....

You cannot view this attachment.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Bigbass201

Quote from: Mike Cork on January 04, 2024, 01:15:55 PMHere's one you don't want to play with though, she was bigger that a garbage can and her head was the size of a lawn mower tire....

You cannot view this attachment.

That's a big one!