shopping for new fish finder. Garmin. a few questions.

Started by Hobious, April 01, 2024, 09:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobious

my crappy lowrance 5" broke.  the water temp is always 64 deg, and I see maybe 30% of the bottom stuff.  parked next to my friends kayak, his fish finder looks like magic.  he can see bushes.  haha.

I didnt install mine into my new kayak hull.  waste of effort.

so I want the Garmin UHD 73sv.  for the lake maps.  well, my timing blows.  it is discontinued.  they have a new 73sv-pro or something.  $950!!!  hard NO.

I can find the UHD 74sv for $600 easily.  then add maps (on sale) for $150.  thoughts?  is the new pro model worth it?

I hope to call Garmin tech support tomorrow.  I like this system because I could add forward facing sonar, if I wanted later down the road. 

Princeton_Man

I've always been amazed at how quickly Garmin products seem to completely sell out everywhere almost the minute a new model is announced. Yes, the 74SV with added maps will work as well. You might want to call Hodges Marine and see if they can be helpful.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Mike Cork

Do some checking around, but yes 74 and add maps will serve you well. I know many are saying the new upgraded units are better but not "that" much better :surrender:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service