Newbie in the North Ga. mountains

Started by CNels, February 03, 2022, 06:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNels

~gf Just found this forum. My name is Craig, and I live in Blairsville Ga. I have been bass fishing for as long as I can remember. I grew up in SoFla, and spent many days on Big O ,Istokpoga, Stick Marsh, St.Johns, etc... I have lived here in the mountains for the last 21 years. I had to relearn fishing, because to me deep water meant 10' not 100'!!  :shocking: I have a Stratos boat with a 150 Johnson, that I have just bought. I have been fishing out of a 16' Hydra Sport w/ a'Rude 90. Looking forward to learning how to use the advanced electronics (Helix 9 w/ everything!) on the new roomy  boat!

Capt. BassinLou

Welcome to UB!!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

zippyduck

Welcome to UB!!!

Congrats on the new to you Stratos! We have a few Stratos guys here, including me. 201 Pro Elite Dc
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Donald Garner

CNels

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here  ~c~

When you get the chance take some pictures of that Stratos and post them in the Stratos Boat Section.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Smallie_Stalker

Hey there Craig. Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! Pleasure to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself right at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable. 

Your years of fishing experience will be a great asset to all of us here at UB.

Would you like to win some free gear from some of the great companies that sponsor our site? Be sure and put your name in for the New Member's Contest.

We love pictures around here. Please feel free to post some pics of your catches anytime in our Catch of the Day board.

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from what you share with us.

In the meantime, if you need any help with anything at all please don't hesitate to contact me or any other staff member.

Once again, Welcome!

><> Smallie_Stalker  <><

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro  using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Captsteve

Welcome to UB

Sent from my SM-N981U1 using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

coldfront

Quote from: CNels on February 03, 2022, 06:34:08 PM
~gf Just found this forum. My name is Craig, and I live in Blairsville Ga. I have been bass fishing for as long as I can remember. I grew up in SoFla, and spent many days on Big O ,Istokpoga, Stick Marsh, St.Johns, etc... I have lived here in the mountains for the last 21 years. I had to relearn fishing, because to me deep water meant 10' not 100'!!  :shocking: I have a Stratos boat with a 150 Johnson, that I have just bought. I have been fishing out of a 16' Hydra Sport w/ a'Rude 90. Looking forward to learning how to use the advanced electronics (Helix 9 w/ everything!) on the new roomy  boat!

that's awesome!  welcome aboard.
so you have a lot of experience chasing the greatest bass out there?  those big Georgia spots?  you likely will get a LOT of questions headed your way.

spend much time on Carters?

CNels

I have never fished Carters Lake.  On the list for Springtime, cause I have just retired! I have been fishing a lot in Appalachia Lake and Hiwassee Lake in NC. 20 minute tow from the house and full of many different species.

big g

Welcome to the site.  I have fished several mountain lakes in your area, like Berton, and Natahalla, but it was a struggle for a Florida Boy used to shallow weedy lakes.  Looking forward to your advice.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

CNels

Quote from: big g on February 04, 2022, 05:17:29 PM
Welcome to the site.  I have fished several mountain lakes in your area, like Berton, and Natahalla, but it was a struggle for a Florida Boy used to shallow weedy lakes.  Looking forward to your advice.
I feel your pain! Born and raised in south Florida,and I really had to relearn how to fish up here. I love flippin' the hydrilla beds in Fla. These mountain lakes are clear and deep and I find myself looking for rockpiles and ledges. Still learning to use my electronics to find fish.
'

mygreenihc

Welcome aboard CNels,

I live about an hour from you in Toccoa.  I grew up in Northwest Florida and South Alabama,  so I fully understand the transition from shallow grass to deep clear water.  I hope you will stick around UB,  There are a lot of great anglers here from all environments that have a lot to offer in the realm of advice.

Brad