Hello from FL Gulf Coast

Started by Swimbait, March 22, 2022, 08:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swimbait

I moved here a few years back from the Northeast. I did a lot of spin fishing for trout and bass and many years with a flyrod. I am retired and now getting back to Bass fishing. I just bought and tried out a spinning rod and caught a few small bass on a Ned rig. I am now tempted to try and conquer a baitcaster. We'll see how that goes. John

Donald Garner

John,

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

big g

John welcome.  Lots of guys that a willing to share information and guidance, just ask.   :-*
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

FD

welcome.. 

Where are you on the gulf coast?
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Princeton_Man

Welcome aboard! ~c~
Baitcaster isn't hard, start out with short casts and train that thumb. 
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Swimbait

Thanks for the welcomes, I am in Pinellas County FL. I tried a baitcaster 15 plus years ago but didn't keep up with it and got heavily into fly fishing and tying. I was worried about right hand reel as I have always used left hand retrieve spinning reels BUT totally forgot I use right hand retrieve for my fly rods DUH! I am basically a right handed person. I also tie my own knotted leaders, I really do not care for salt water, tried it and don't care for it at all so I will go back to Bass fishing. I don't have a boat so it's a bit tough but I never had a boat growing up, my father taught me river fishing with good old Red Ball rubber hip waders and a open face spinning reel with worms, real garden worms or night crawlers. John

Swimbait

I did have a canoe for a while up north. Here is a good sized bass I got in 2008 while river fishing with my son in western MA, my home waters. I caught it on a spinning reel but don't remember if it was a crank bait, rubber worm or top water.

Smallie_Stalker

Welcome aboard John. Glad to have you with us. I'm sure you'll have no problem learning a baitcaster, todays reels have made it a much easier process.

We have a contest for new members to win some baits from one of our sponsors. If you're interested you can enter here : New Member's Contest. .

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from what you share with us.

In the meantime, if you need any help with anything at all please don't hesitate to contact me or any other staff member.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Capt. BassinLou

Welcome to UB, remember to stop by the Florida Forums.  :-*

Swimbait

I found a picture stored on a thumb drive showing the bait I caught that nice bass on  in the canoe in 2008. It was a crank bait, silver with a longish lip. John