Introduction to the Forum

Started by Cbassangler, February 18, 2023, 09:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cbassangler

Hello all you hook setters!

I wanted to introduce myself to the group / forum as im a newly transplant from the west coast. My name is Chris Freeman and my wife, two children, and I moved out of my home state of 52 years due to the rampant left wing policy changes. I grew up hunting and fishing with my dad, visiting my uncle's ranch,riding horses, and learned how to shoot guns safely, all good times with my family, My state has destroyed these opportunity's to share all the things i loved doing and learning about growing up, and made it impossible to pass down to my children.

So enough was enough and it was time to go. Since moving here to North Carolina my children are enjoying the hills, trees, being outdoors and the beautiful and fun history of this great state. I only wished i knew how beautiful and wonderfully nice the local folks were here back in the early 2000's, i would have made the move then.

I'm looking to get involved in the local Bass club's and start fishing competitive events out here. I live near Lake Norman and wanted to see if there was anyone who'd be interested in showing me around the lake. I've been fishing for 42 years, have placed in the top five in many Tournaments on my home waters of the California Delta, Clear Lake, Folsom, Comanche, Berryessa, and Diamond Valley Reservoir. I have a Ranger Z520 and a ton rods and baits. I'd just like to get to know some of you folks that fish in these local waters. Any and all invites are greatly appreciated, fuel and lunch is on me.

Please e-mail me at (Christopher Freeman) if you have an open seat for the day. Have a great Day and God Bless.

Capt. BassinLou

Princeton_Man

Welcome aboard!

I'm over in WV. I've fished Norman on average a couple times a year. Can't claim to know it real well, but we might get to meet over there some time. We've got a few members here that know it quite well.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Cbassangler

Cbassangler

Quote from: Princeton_Man on February 18, 2023, 10:12:13 AM
Welcome aboard!

I'm over in WV. I've fished Norman on average a couple times a year. Can't claim to know it real well, but we might get to meet over there some time. We've got a few members here that know it quite well.
Be good to meet you Princeton! Tight Lines!

Smallie_Stalker

Hey Chris, Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! Glad to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself right at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable.

Those are some great looking catches. Congrats!  

Your experience will be a great addition to the site and I'm looking forward to learning from your posts.

If you need a hand sitewise in the meantime,  feel free to reach out to me or any other staff member and we will do our best to get you pointed in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Dark3

Welcome! I hope you guys are enjoying the east coast. We just got to NY from Norcal as well (Near Sac). Tight lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donald Garner

Chris,

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here  ~c~
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Cbassangler

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on February 18, 2023, 12:45:24 PM
Hey Chris, Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! Glad to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself right at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable.

Those are some great looking catches. Congrats!  

Your experience will be a great addition to the site and I'm looking forward to learning from your posts.

If you need a hand sitewise in the meantime,  feel free to reach out to me or any other staff member and we will do our best to get you pointed in the right direction.
Thank you Smallie_Stalker, Looking forward to meeting everyone on the water and catching some fish! I'll reach out if i have any questions. Just browsing the site and the format looks and feels similar to WesternBass.coms forum site which i also belong to.
Tight Lines,
Chris

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Cbassangler

Quote from: Donald Garner on February 18, 2023, 02:03:49 PM
Chris,

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here  ~c~
Thank you Don! Really Glad to be here.

Cbassangler

Quote from: Dark3 on February 18, 2023, 01:40:56 PM
Welcome! I hope you guys are enjoying the east coast. We just got to NY from Norcal as well (Near Sac). Tight lines.

Hey Dark3! We're really enjoying it here, very scenic and peaceful, huge lakes. I know Sacramento very well. lots of bass in the aquaduct below Nimbus to Sunrise parallel to folsom blvd. Looks like you get to fish Champlain being in NY? 

Dark3

Quote from: Cbassangler on February 18, 2023, 02:23:23 PM

Hey Dark3! We're really enjoying it here, very scenic and peaceful, huge lakes. I know Sacramento very well. lots of bass in the aquaduct below Nimbus to Sunrise parallel to folsom blvd. Looks like you get to fish Champlain being in NY?
We are near Lake Ontario on the St Lawrence river. Right near where the Elite Series is up here this year in Clayton. When I retire out of the Army in about 5 years we are talking about settling down in western NC, N GA or S TN. Somewhere in the Blue Ridge/Smokey mountains.

apenland01

Welcome to the board!  Unfortunately, Arizona is slowly rolling over to become Arifornia or Calizona, not sure at this point.  The influx continues from Covid era policies....

Cbassangler

Quote from: Dark3 on February 18, 2023, 03:16:44 PM
Quote from: Cbassangler on February 18, 2023, 02:23:23 PM

We are near Lake Ontario on the St Lawrence river. Right near where the Elite Series is up here this year in Clayton. When I retire out of the Army in about 5 years we are talking about settling down in western NC, N GA or S TN. Somewhere in the Blue Ridge/Smokey mountains.

Those are all great looking area's and central to a lot of great fishing holes! If your out this way give me a heads up and we can hit Lake Norman for a day.

Cbassangler

Quote from: apenland01 on February 19, 2023, 01:46:46 PM
Welcome to the board!  Unfortunately, Arizona is slowly rolling over to become Arifornia or Calizona, not sure at this point.  The influx continues from Covid era policies....
Thank you! Glad to be here. I also unfortunately agree with you, along with a wide open border that we are not fully aware of those affects yet.

Bud Kennedy

Cbassangler, Welcome to the Carolinas.  You are in a great spot for some excellent bass fishing.  Plenty of clubs and tournament activities and a good selection of tackle shops in the Lake Norman area.  You many want to touch base with Rangerman (Boots Beasley) of this site.  Rangerman knows everyone and everyone knows Boots.  Also RB-NC from Statesville, NC also a member here is also well connected and an excellent basser in his own right.  You will also find that there are quite a number of Elite level anglers in your area that also fish Lake Norman and all the other lakes around the Carolinas.    Best of luck in your new home area I think you will find it a great area to raise a family and educate you kids.  Looking forward to some of your future posts on Ultimate Bass.

Cbassangler

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on February 19, 2023, 02:53:37 PM
Cbassangler, Welcome to the Carolinas.  You are in a great spot for some excellent bass fishing.  Plenty of clubs and tournament activities and a good selection of tackle shops in the Lake Norman area.  You many want to touch base with Rangerman (Boots Beasley) of this site.  Rangerman knows everyone and everyone knows Boots.  Also RB-NC from Statesville, NC also a member here is also well connected and an excellent basser in his own right.  You will also find that there are quite a number of Elite level anglers in your area that also fish Lake Norman and all the other lakes around the Carolinas.    Best of luck in your new home area I think you will find it a great area to raise a family and educate you kids.  Looking forward to some of your future posts on Ultimate Bass.
Bud, Thank you for sharing your contacts, i will certainly reach out. The more time i spend on this site the more i want to get out on these local waters. I agree, the schools here are much more focused on general curriculum then some of the weird crap their trying to teach out west. Thanks for reaching out! I appreciate it.
Chris

BassmanRudy

Welcome! NC is the Best State ever! Of course I'm biased being from there lol. Currently in the state you left but can't wait to get back Home!

2 tackle shops you have to go visit frequently- they are AMAZING!!
Tackle Town in Denver
Carolina Fishing Tackle in Mooresville

Norman is full of spotted bass which turned it from a "dead sea" into a great tourney spot with BASS Opens every couple years. The Big Bass Tour has also been visiting there too.

Several people on the forum post here a lot mostly in the NC fishing section and I'm sure they'll help ya get started.
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com