Lake Hickory 9/1/21

Started by geneinnc, September 01, 2021, 04:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneinnc

When the last of Ida cleared out about noon I gave it a shot. 76° outside with a south breeze. Water temp holding at 83°. I was already seeing the thunder heads as soon as the sun peaked through. I made the short run to 127 Bridge and that was a smart move. I worked a marabou jig on the pilings and a hit worm drop shot with no luck. It was really hammering rain so I just put it on spot lock and watched both lures on livescope. No luck and there was thunder in the distance. I flipped on the frogg tongs so I could at least get a water report for anyone planning for labor day.

The water was surprisingly clear after all the storms, just a few sticks and no trees down river.

I blasted off upstream and the trash and clarity plus the temperature were the same. Water was a touch cooler upriver, 82° to 82.5°.

Thunder was getting closer so I had to shut her down early. Sorry for the abbreviated fishing report  but I think the water will be just fine for the end of the boating season this weekend. Be careful of the trash if you're pulling the kids on a tube or skis.I'm tied up tomorrow morning and I have a feeling it's going to be too hot to go tomorrow afternoon.

Enjoy the holiday!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Mike Cork

Thanks for the lake report. Tough to fish when the storms are right on top of you...

You are entered into the Dobyns Champion Series rod giveaway, post more reports for more entries
click here for giveaway rules

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service