Back in the Day

Started by FlatsNBay, April 19, 2024, 09:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

In regards to fishing, what do you remember from back in the day?

Back in the day, I remember when plastic worms only came in 5 colors. Blackberry (black), grape, strawberry (red), blueberry, & watermelon.

Captsteve

I caught my first Bass on an H&H.

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Steve
Headed for the Lake

BASSCATLILDAVE

Grape Manns Jelly Worm was the ticket  ~gf

FlatsNBay

I remember when plastic worms were sold on a card!

Donald Garner

Lew Speed Sticks with pistol grip handles; Mann Jelly worms were the ticket > Grape and Strawberry were my favorite colors. On a side note they didn't taste anything like they smelled  ~b~  Don't ask me how I know  ~shade 

Motor oil Firetail plastic worms were a killer on Vernon Lake in Leesville Louisiana near Ft. Polk.  Uncle Josh Pork Baits> You had better have some # 11 Black, Blue and Brown if your jig fishing on Toledo Bend   ;)   Lonnie Stanley Willow Leaf Spinner Baits and Jigs > Had to have them when fishing Toledo Bend and Sam Rayburn.

Cajun Bass Boats > Big Forward Decks Paul Elias Specials

Fishing out of Ranger 370 with a 175 Yamaha VMax and hauling you know what across Sam Rayburn Lake  ;)   My finger print DA is forever embedded in those handrails  ;) 

Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Pferox

Fresh water fishin' period.  Haven't done that in almost 20 years.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

fishingram24

Mann's black firetail fished on a 5'6" Lew's speed stick using a Zebco 808 and my first baitcaster, an Ambassador 5000 D which was direct drive, for drag you released the handle to turn backwards, and I still have that reel. 
Retired and loving every minute of it!

big g

In the day 30 years ago, I remember guys meeting almost every weekend to fish not in competition but to go exploring new waters and just sharing info among each other.  Once every year we would rent a place at Okeechobee for the weekend, fish all day, and then play cards all night for mustard and ketchup packs instead of money.  We would chip in, hire a guide for half a day,and then fish two more days on our own.  Great times and endless laughs. This lasted about 15 years, and then guys died off, moved, and some just gave up fishing.  Oh so many memories.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.