Save your cardboard

Started by Mike Cork, July 01, 2019, 05:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

With the invention of Amazon, I purchase a lot of stuff that I'm just to lazy to drive to town to get. Besides it's cheaper and it delivers to my door... Some of these items come in fairly large boxes. When unfolded they can be four or five feet long and a couple feet wide.

If you're like me and don't have a garage, or even if you do but have a dirty job like wheel bearings to do... Unfold a box and lay it out to kneel on and/or place your greasy pieces/parts on. Makes life much easier on my old knees. I have a gravel driveway so no cardboard means I'm not doing it.

The cardboard also makes clean up easy, I just wipe old grease and dirt onto the cardboard then just fold it up and throw it in the trash.

I always have a surplus of boxes and have to force myself to throw some away once in in a while if I haven't had much garage type work in a while  ~roflmao But you can bet I always have a couple around just in case. I even keep one folded up in the bed of my truck for changing a tire on the side of the road.

Old knees and hot road side concrete or asphalt don't mix. Cardboard is a life saver. If you don't have a cover on your pickup bed, just slide an unfold box behind the seat in your cab. It will stay dry and ready to use.

Lastly, if you're the romantic type, a piece of cardboard can be used to shield your lady from the rain while walking into the restaurant. Me, I just tell her to run  >:D >:D

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

DonM

If you're the romantic type and don't have a blanket with you..."Throw the cardboard on the ground"!"  :)
DonM

zippyduck

Quote from: DonM on July 01, 2019, 05:32:49 PM
If you're the romantic type and don't have a blanket with you..."Throw the cardboard on the ground"!"  :)

Don,
You dog!

Great tip Mike. I too have a gravel driveway.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

TNDiver

Don, too funny!

I have used it for the clean up factor, but also for making a model of a wood cut I need, to make sure it will fit where I need it, before ruining expensive wood!
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

gtrpickr

I hang on to those boxes too always come in handy for something. I just recently had to clear a bunch out I was getting way overstocked lol

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: DonM on July 01, 2019, 05:32:49 PM

~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Oldfart9999

Don, as always a practicle use for something!!!
I have a concrete driveway but the cardboard is still a better surface if you can't sit to do the job.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.