Altoid cans for hooks etc

Started by Sandman7925, July 14, 2019, 08:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandman7925

They can be had really cheap on Amazon. I've been using them for terminal tackle. Works good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveTX

As long as they are kept clearly marked as to what is in the can I suppose they would work. 

Smallie_Stalker

I have done this and it works well.

Another thing that works is empty pill bottles. Between my wife and I we accumulate 30+ of them a month in various sizes. They are great for lots of things like hooks and stinkers and I have even thrown cranks into a couple of the larger ones so I could stick them in my pocket while wading.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Capt. BassinLou

Creative idea, good share.  :-* Have you had issues with hooks rusting since the container is metallic?

Sandman7925

Quote from: Bassinlou on July 14, 2019, 01:15:06 PM
Creative idea, good share.  :-* Have you had issues with hooks rusting since the container is metallic?
Not yet. Haven't used them long. We'll see.

Bud Kennedy

Hooks come in a bag,  Why not just leave them in the little bag.  Its neat and clean and it a great way to keep identification of the hooks.   Besides I am too lazy to go through all that organization stuff that tends to feel too much like work.

Sandman7925

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on July 14, 2019, 03:38:51 PM
Hooks come in a bag,  Why not just leave them in the little bag.  Its neat and clean and it a great way to keep identification of the hooks.   Besides I am too lazy to go through all that organization stuff that tends to feel too much like work.

Because I'm on a never ending life long quest to find the best way to keep tackle organized.

Bud Kennedy

LOL, I hear ya.  I am always wanting the same thing but I guess my ADD keeps me from being efficient.  Something about my tackle chaos makes me fell like everything is ok.  However it is exactly why I have an over supply of some items I thought I lost when I just could not find them.  Kinda a spice of life wouldn't you say.   

~roflmao