2024 Secret Santa Gift Reveals

Started by Capt. BassinLou, January 04, 2024, 04:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

As Secret Santa gifts begin to make their journeys across the country, Charter members will be sharing what they received. But,,, they need to guess who the gift came from first! Enjoy!

topdsm0138

Here's a recap of my Secret Santa Box. I guessed the member (Thank you apenland01) and thought I'd share with you guys.
To our regular members, I would highly recommend becoming a Charter Member if you would like to participate in these Games & Contests that the family & crew here at UB present for us.

Sent from undisclosed location. -Tiller Mafia
"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Mike Cork

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

FlatsNBay

Princeton_Man

My Secret Santa knows I like T-rigging soft plastics. I threw spinner baits almost every trip last year, and I can't wait to try these Ned Dreds!

My Secret Santa is a very good investigator. Me too... Thank you FlatsNBay!

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

topdsm0138

Quote from: Princeton_Man on January 06, 2024, 03:15:28 PMMy Secret Santa knows I like T-rigging soft plastics. I threw spinner baits almost every trip last year, and I can't wait to try these Ned Dreds!

My Secret Santa is a very good investigator. Me too... Thank you FlatsNBay!
Nice!! Those Berkley Spinner baits are pretty much on par with the KVD ones I have and work great. Flats was my Santa last year and he has some good picks.

FlatsNBay

Glad you like them Princeton! Hope you catch em up!

Capt. BassinLou

FlatsNBay

Got a GREAT selection of baits from my Secret Santa Mike Cork. He was really paying attention to what I like, some great looking XZone flipping baits that I'm dying to try, Mister Twister Worms in a unique junebug and chartreuse color, 2 spinnerbaits and a sweet looking square bill.

topdsm0138

Looking like some good hauls this year guys.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on January 08, 2024, 03:46:20 PMGot a GREAT selection of baits from my Secret Santa Mike Cork. He was really paying attention to what I like, some great looking XZone flipping baits that I'm dying to try, Mister Twister Worms in a unique junebug and chartreuse color, 2 spinnerbaits and a sweet looking square bill.

Nice gifts!!  ~c~

Fish_in_1

Thanks to my secret Santa got a nice variety of baits, My 5yr old daughter of course was waiting with the box when i got home i think she gets more excited then i do lo. Thanks to UB for doing this each year as for me i get super excited to see what comes from out side the area as a different insight and something from out side of the box as a lot of the time we get stuck in our ways of fishing certain baits. In this case my favorite was the Brian Schmidt hair/rubber hand tied jig. Not sure why i have never seen these before but stoked to try it out, just makes since. Also the purple jigs assuming could be used as a swim jig. AS far as who my santa was, well everyone know i can not guess. its from Florida. So ill guess RangerandBass, Topsm0138 or BassinLou. Thanks to the one of you for the baits.

topdsm0138

Quote from: Fish_in_1 on January 09, 2024, 08:15:16 AMThanks to my secret Santa got a nice variety of baits, My 5yr old daughter of course was waiting with the box when i got home i think she gets more excited then i do lo. Thanks to UB for doing this each year as for me i get super excited to see what comes from out side the area as a different insight and something from out side of the box as a lot of the time we get stuck in our ways of fishing certain baits. In this case my favorite was the Brian Schmidt hair/rubber hand tied jig. Not sure why i have never seen these before but stoked to try it out, just makes since. Also the purple jigs assuming could be used as a swim jig. AS far as who my santa was, well everyone know i can not guess. its from Florida. So ill guess RangerandBass, Topsm0138 or BassinLou. Thanks to the one of you for the baits.
Not it.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: topdsm0138 on January 09, 2024, 09:29:53 AM
Quote from: Fish_in_1 on January 09, 2024, 08:15:16 AMThanks to my secret Santa got a nice variety of baits, My 5yr old daughter of course was waiting with the box when i got home i think she gets more excited then i do lo. Thanks to UB for doing this each year as for me i get super excited to see what comes from out side the area as a different insight and something from out side of the box as a lot of the time we get stuck in our ways of fishing certain baits. In this case my favorite was the Brian Schmidt hair/rubber hand tied jig. Not sure why i have never seen these before but stoked to try it out, just makes since. Also the purple jigs assuming could be used as a swim jig. AS far as who my santa was, well everyone know i can not guess. its from Florida. So ill guess RangerandBass, Topsm0138 or BassinLou. Thanks to the one of you for the baits.
Not it.

Me neither! ;)

Smallie_Stalker

Nice stuff so far guys!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

RangerAndBass

You got me!  I know those purple jigs look weird but they work for me here in FLA.  I get a jig maker back in Ontario to make them for me. 
I hope some of the stuff work for you, they are all tried and true baits for me.
Merry Christmas. 😁
Drinking Rum before noon makes you a Pirate not an alcoholic!

RangerAndBass

My Santa came through for me.  I got some baits I love.  Missile baits but in 2 styles I've never seen and a colour that looks awesome. Flukes which work everywhere. Keitechs which rule. And a couple Hammerhead hair jigs, which might be interesting here in fla, but rock with smallest up north.
Now the question of who, has me stumped. A couple names came to mind but one has been ruled out so I'm making a wild guess of Captain Lee

apenland01

WOW!!!!

I got my Secret Santa box today and it is a great mix of stuff, all usable here in Arizona!

Thanks Fish-in-1 for the great gift box!

Princeton_Man

Quote from: RangerAndBass on January 09, 2024, 06:46:46 PMMy Santa came through for me.  I got some baits I love.  Missile baits but in 2 styles I've never seen and a colour that looks awesome. Flukes which work everywhere. Keitechs which rule. And a couple Hammerhead hair jigs, which might be interesting here in fla, but rock with smallest up north.
Now the question of who, has me stumped. A couple names came to mind but one has been ruled out so I'm making a wild guess of Captain Lee
Those Missile Quivers are awesome Neko rig baiits! ~c~

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Fish_in_1

You got me!  I know those purple jigs look weird but they work for me here in FLA.  I get a jig maker back in Ontario to make them for me. 
I hope some of the stuff work for you, they are all tried and true baits for me.
Merry Christmas. 😁
[/quote]

All will work here just fine, knowing FL figured you may be punching? with those, looked more like a swim head to me as that what ill use them for being we dont have much if any pads of grass. Thanks again.

Fish_in_1

Those Missile Quivers are awesome Neko rig baiits! ~c~

[/quote]

PC dont let the secret out, lol

Princeton_Man

Quote from: RangerAndBass on January 09, 2024, 06:46:46 PMNow the question of who, has me stumped. A couple names came to mind but one has been ruled out so I'm making a wild guess of Captain Lee

Was there any notes? Was it postmarked? Have you checked the tracking? 

Quote from: Fish_in_1 on January 10, 2024, 09:55:57 AMThose Missile Quivers are awesome Neko rig baiits! ~c~

[/quote]

8)

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

topdsm0138

Anyone else yet?..

bassmedic46

My secret Santa was good to me. I got several Mike Bucca Bill Gill. I can't figure out who my Secret Santa was. Thank you very much.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

RangerAndBass

Quote from: Princeton_Man on January 11, 2024, 07:58:57 AM
Quote from: RangerAndBass on January 09, 2024, 06:46:46 PMNow the question of who, has me stumped. A couple names came to mind but one has been ruled out so I'm making a wild guess of Captain Lee

Was there any notes? Was it postmarked? Have you checked the tracking?

Quote from: Fish_in_1 on January 10, 2024, 09:55:57 AMThose Missile Quivers are awesome Neko rig baiits! ~c~

8)

[/quote]
It was post marked from a bait store in Haynes City FLA. So I think anyone could of arranged that. But it was one reason I picked Captain Lee