UltimateBass Home Front Activities Feb 2024

Started by Donald Garner, February 01, 2024, 01:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald Garner

Greetings to all,

Beautiful day across Central Texas today.  Bright sunny skies with a slight breeze blowing out of the SE.  Our forecasted temps for today were 51-68dgrs with 47%humidity with a SE wind @ 14 mphs.  We're looking at sunny skies with warming temps the rest of the week.

Busy day here as I took care of the Valentine Day flowers and card duties first thing this morning  ;)   After getting the flowers etc. stopped by and picked up a couple Bean and Beef Burritos for breakfast along with a Diet Mountain Dew   :food  ;PEP)   

The weather was great with the wind blowing which helped dry the yard out.  I fired up the weed whacker and trimmed every thing.  The John Deere fired right up after not being used for the past couple months.  Only thing left to do is for the wife to De-weed her flower beds.

The rest of the afternoon once the shower was completed was tinkering around on the computer.  I'll be relaxing in the recliner here shortly  :)

I hope everyone's day has been a pleasant one.  Y'all have a relaxing evening ahead and be safe in your travels if you have to be out. 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Donald Garner

Howdy from Central Texas  :)

It's been a pretty nice day here across Central Texas today.  Although it's been cloudy the weather has been really nice.  Our forecasted temps for today are 60-71dgrs with 63%humidity with a S wind @ 7mphs.

Not much happening here today.  I made a run to the gas station and picked up a couple egg, potato with bacon wraps and a diet mountain dew for breakfast  :food  ;PEP)   Stopped by the post office and Walmart on the way home. 

I've been tinkering around on the computer since then.  I'll be making my way over to the recliner here shortly to watch some tv  ~shade

Hope everyone's day has been a good one.  Y'all have a relaxing evening once you get home.  Be safe in your travels if your out and about.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Bud Kennedy

Nice day here at the beach with high temp just at 70 and blue bird skies.  Day started by going for a blood test in preparation for my routine Dr. visit next week.  After a trip back to the house the Wife gave me an alley pass to go bowling today.  So.....I got to bowl 4 practice games toady and that was an enjoyable time.  Bowled with some other old guys and really enjoyed it.  Tomorrow is league day so more bowling tomorrow.

Wife made a batch of potato salad while I was out bowling now she is taking a nap and watching a little bit of TV.  Looks like more napping is going on that TV watching  LOL

Weather looks good for the next 10 days making me start to think about bringing the Ranger home for a clean up.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone  :)

We have cloudy skies covering down across Central Texas this morning.  Our forecasted temps for today are 38-73dgrs with 73%humidity with a SE wind @ 13mphs.  There's no rain in the forecast but we are having a cold front move into the area later on today. 

Nothing really planned for today except making a mail pickup run.  The rest of the day will be spent relaxing and doing nothing.

Bud; Tks for stopping in and sharing the day.  I know you like those 70dgr days just like I do  ;)   Glad you were able to get out and enjoy the day at the bowling lanes.  The Ranger is getting lonely you need to spend some time with her  ~shade   

I haven't check the lake levels on Belton or Stillhouse since we had all this rain this month.  Both are still pretty low and it's dangerous out there if your not familiar with the water.  Nolan  lake on Ft. Hood is looking good the only draw back is getting down to the water to launch the boat.  There aren't any ramps on this lake.  You put the truck in 4 wheel drive and hope you don't get stuck.  The ground is still really wet.

Belton Lake is 13.23ft below Summer Pool and Stillhouse Lake is 16.95ft below Summer Pool.  Both lake are still low after the rains we've had.  It's going to take a lot of Hard Long Rains for us to get those lake back up to a safe level.  Once in a while while driving across the dam I'll see a boat or two out there fishing still.  Fishing down by the dam (Main Lake Area) is the safest place to be.  Running the main river channels there's lots of standing timber and boulders you normally don't see when the lakes at Summer Pool.

Rodney; My good man we hope that your still vertical and breathing.  Drop a line when you can.

To everyone hope your day is a great one.  Be safe in your travels if you have to be out.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all  8)

Windy with cloudy skies is what we have across Central Texas this morning.  Our forecasted temps are 30-46dgrs with 48%humidity with a NE wind @ 19mphs  :surrender:   It is windy and a bit on the chilly side this morning here  ~shade

Laundry day here and not much else happening afterwards.  I have to go and check the mail and make a quick stop at Walmart on the way home.  Other than that nothing else is happening.

I hope everyone has a pleasant and enjoyable Saturday.  Y'all be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about.

Captsteve

Coming in from the rig. Chilly with seas 6 to 8' . With occasional 10'.
A little bumpy.

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Steve
Headed for the Lake

topdsm0138

Been a little busy today since 12, but will update my build thread later.

Sent from my SM-A546U1 using Tapatalk
"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

caddyjoe77

glad to be home from the swamp.  continued with the electronics install -- started a thread.

the switcheroonie

Should be able to finish tomorrow
BeerMe

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

It was cold here this morning  :surrender:   Our forecasted temps for today are 29-52dgrs with 33%humidity with a NE wind @ 6mphs.  We have Blue Bird Skies with a warming trend happening this afternoon.  Bright and sunny with 40's for the lows / 80's for the high this week ahead  ~c~

We attended church this morning in person.  The wife made Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch today  :food    We're having a hamburger cornbread casserole for supper tonight  ~shade

There is nothing planned for the rest of the day except relaxation and some tinkering around on the computer  ;)

Joe; Tks for stopping by and we're looking forward to the Final Phase of the Cat's Electronic Install.

Top; Tks for stopping by glad you had the time to check in.  Looking forward to the build thread you talked about.

Steve; Tks for checking in and we're glad you made it back home in one piece.  Those rough seas aren't fun to be out on.  I've been on a Charter Halibut Trip out of Seward, AK in rough water before.  It was not a fun filled trip.  We did managed to catch our limit but everyone spent the day hanging over the sides of the boat.  Our boat was a 40ft Closed Cabin >Nice Boat and setup<

To everyone hope your Sunday is a pleasant one.  Y'all be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about. 

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,

It was a little bit warmer this morning compared to yesterday's 29dgrs.  Our forecasted temps for today across Central Texas are 44-67dgrs with 45%humidity with a SE wind @ 15mph.  Bright and sunny with warming temps are forecasted for the week ahead.

Had a few errands to tend to this morning.  Made a run to the gas station for a biscuit egg, cheese bacon sandwich, a couple burritos, chocolate brownie and diet mountain dew for breakfast and lunch  :food  ;PEP)

Stopped at the post office and checked the mail with a final stop at good ole Walmart  ~shade   There is nothing else planned for the rest of the day except tinkering around on the computer and watching tv.

I hope everyone is enjoying the President's Day Holiday today.  Y'all be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about today.

topdsm0138

A little chilly down here this morning, but now it's back to normal. Didn't finish working on the boat until about 8pm. Then while trailering it back to my storage, I noticed someone driving like a jackwagon and tailgaiting my trailer. It was a white mini-truck with about 5 "island guys" (feel free to guess what large carribbean flag was in the back window) in it. They tried running me off the road (kept swerving beside me) to where the boat trailer hit the curb hard enough to cause the bow to jump off the front roller. The truck stopped in front of me, three guys in back went to jump out, I pulled my firearm and aimed, they hauled arse outta there. It's not the first time I've had trouble with people from that island either. They almost ended up on a T-shirt in a Miami-Dade flea market.

The world is a crazy place right now. Keep your head on a swivel when out alone.

caddyjoe77

Quote from: topdsm0138 on February 19, 2024, 01:25:37 PMA little chilly down here this morning, but now it's back to normal. Didn't finish working on the boat until about 8pm. Then while trailering it back to my storage, I noticed someone driving like a jackwagon and tailgaiting my trailer. It was a white mini-truck with about 5 "island guys" (feel free to guess what large carribbean flag was in the back window) in it. They tried running me off the road (kept swerving beside me) to where the boat trailer hit the curb hard enough to cause the bow to jump off the front roller. The truck stopped in front of me, three guys in back went to jump out, I pulled my firearm and aimed, they hauled arse outta there. It's not the first time I've had trouble with people from that island either. They almost ended up on a T-shirt in a Miami-Dade flea market.

The world is a crazy place right now. Keep your head on a swivel when out alone.

Defense is the best offense. 
BeerMe

topdsm0138

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on February 19, 2024, 09:13:07 PM
Quote from: topdsm0138 on February 19, 2024, 01:25:37 PMA little chilly down here this morning, but now it's back to normal. Didn't finish working on the boat until about 8pm. Then while trailering it back to my storage, I noticed someone driving like a jackwagon and tailgaiting my trailer. It was a white mini-truck with about 5 "island guys" (feel free to guess what large carribbean flag was in the back window) in it. They tried running me off the road (kept swerving beside me) to where the boat trailer hit the curb hard enough to cause the bow to jump off the front roller. The truck stopped in front of me, three guys in back went to jump out, I pulled my firearm and aimed, they hauled arse outta there. It's not the first time I've had trouble with people from that island either. They almost ended up on a T-shirt in a Miami-Dade flea market.

Defense is the best offense.
I agree. I don't think most of these lowlifes realize that a majority of us sportsmen carry. Not just for would be theifs, but mainly for hostile wildlife.

But, Good morning guys. Command Team cut me a deal of, "If I spend 29 Days at The National Training Center, helping to train my guts for their 2025 deployment, then the rest of my contract (up Jan 2025) will be considered "paid in full" and I can retire finally. Gonna be nice to have weekends free again.

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone  8)

Bright sunny day across Central Texas this morning  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for today are 58-77dgrs with 60%humidity with a S wind @ 10mphs.  It's looking great bright sunny skies with warming temps for the rest of the week ahead.

Busy morning here as Dwayne had a medical appointment at Scott & White Hospital.  He had another biopsy done on his pancreas.  The last X-ray done showed a 2inch mast on the pancreas with fluid build up around his stomach.  Today they drained the fluid from around the area and took a larger sample of the mast.  We should hear back the results and whets next as far as removing the mast in a week or so.

I had a VA medical appointment with Team Vampire for my monthly blood draw for my Kidney issue.  We're all back at home now relaxing  ;)  There is nothing else planned for the rest of the day here.

Top; Tks for stopping by and sharing that piece of news with us.  You have fun during your LAST DEPLOYMENT to the National Training Center.  I wish you the very best in your future RETIREMENT.  Glad to hear you didn't have to discharge any rounds at those A.H's.  That was some scary stuff there.

Joe; Roger that on your comment 'Defense is the offense'

To everyone hope y'all have a pleasant day and relaxing evening once you get home.   

Bud Kennedy

Nice day today with temps in the 60s blue bird sky and calm breeze.  Had a bit of frost on the roof tops this morning.  Same weather expected tomorrow and Friday with some light rain moving in around the weekend.

Errands this morning while the wife was at Physical Therapy.  Went to the knife sharpening guy to get some cutting tools sharpened to include my old trusty case pocket knife.  After that it was off to Walmart to pick up prescriptions.  When the wife returned from Therapy she wanted me to go get some mulch so she can  begin the process with the flower beds.  I got 5 bags today and will get another 5 tomorrow.

Tonight I am in the process of making scalloped Potatoes and a Meat Loaf with some veggies on the side.  Thats my day hope yours was good as well.

caddyjoe77

man Bud meatloaf and taters sound awesome!!

Donald hope you feel alright after dealing with team vampire (going to have to start using that  lo )

had a weird workday -- woke up crazy early, couldt go back to sleep so i woke up.  laid down about 3 to get a powernap which turned into 4 hours and here we are at 11PM  >:D  lo

planning on finishing the mount for electronics this week.  Mom and Dad came over Monday night and we hung out, so things can wait as that time is invaluable.  Dad and I drank a few beers, burned a bunch of extra wood from hteir yard, as well as the stuff from my extra lot I have been slowly cleaning up.  Showed him the switch wiring and he said "man things sure have come a long way since the days of the flasher and paper".  It is crazy we use a seperate battery so we dont strand ourselves out there.  I will get it done this week.  He then brought up the BCB owners tourney, so we are probably going to that this year at Norfork.  Time you never get back so might as well. 
BeerMe

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,

Mostly Sunny Skies with forecasted temps of 60-77dgrs with 96%humidity with a S wind @ 14mphs.  It's going to be a really pleasant day to be outside.

Busy morning here once breakfast has been completed.  The wife is outside De-weeding her flower beds.  I'm tasked with cleaning the floors inside vacuuming the carpets and cleaning all the hardwood floors  ~sweat   Needless to say the afternoon or when I get done a nice hot shower and recliner time will be on the schedule for me  ;)

Joe; That's great you getting to spend time with your parents.  You got to take advantage of every moment.  Tight Lines for you and your dad during the Bass Cat Event.

Bud; That Meat Loaf with veggies sure sounds good  ~shade   Yard work never ends buddy, be careful picking those mulch bags up  ~bb   You don't need to strain your lower back. 

To everyone hope your day is a good one.  Be safe in your travels if your out and about.

caddyjoe77

Finished wiring and good ops check with 13+ v at switch. 

Im sure I'll need adjustments for LS and AT2 position and mega 360. But hard parts should be done. 

Mount tomorrow then wrap cables etc.
BeerMe

Bud Kennedy

Temps today into the lower 60s with rain coming in during the overnight hours.  A little warming trend on the way with temps back to the 70s next week.  Pollen has started to show its face here at the beach and hopefully the rain will knock it down a bit.  Yesterday I started to feel like a cold coming on or it may be an early reaction to the pollen.  Had my routine Dr. visit today and all is well.  Next schedulled visit in August.

Feeling a bit under the weather currently so I probably won't go bowling today unless things start getting better.  I think I just need to take it easy for today but already the Mrs. is suggesting that I need to help her put down some much.  Lots of sinus pressure today so doing much of anything is not what I had in mind.

Years ago I used to hire all of my work done when it came to servicing the boat.  Over the past few years that has changed and I do most of my own work except for things like pulling the lower unit or perhaps other heavy stuff.  This is when you realize that when you do the work yourself the job gets done the right way and it is a personally fulfilling io task.  Besides on a retired income not a bunch of extra money laying around to spend on things you can do yourself.  As it turns out I like doing it so what the heck.  Might as well enjoy getting my hands dirty. Unfortunately the same is not true for the cars. 

caddyjoe77

agree Bud.  Looking back, it was a pain in the butt.  But, at the same time i learned a lot which will come in handy later.  Plus, as you mentioned, you know you did it right the first time and if something breaks you know what is hooked to what and where. 
BeerMe

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to everyone,

Beautiful day across Central Texas today.  We got clear skies with lots of sun and warming temps.  Our forecasted temps for across Central Texas today are 51-84dgrs with a SE wind @ 12mphs.  We're looking at the temps moving up into the 80's here over the weekend  ~shade

Busy morning for me as I had several errands to tend to.  First stop was the VA Hospital Lab to turn in my 24hour urine sample.  I had breakfast while there of biscuits, gravy, hashbrowns, fried eggs and bacon and a diet mountain dew  :food ;PEP)

Made a stop at the bank and over to Kohls Department Store.  The wife's birthday is tomorrow so I picked up a gift card for her.  Stopped at O'Reily's Auto Parts store where I picked up a new power window switch for the Silverado.  Beings I was near my barber shop I stopped in for my monthly haircut.  Made a quick run into HEB picked up a Birthday Card and some flowers for the wife's birthday tomorrow.  Final stop was the post office to pickup the mail.

Got home the wife was out in the front yard De-weeding the flower beds.  I grabbed a 10mm socket and flat tipped screw driver and changed out the bad power window switch with the new one.  It took about 10minutes after watching a couple Videos on You Tube.  It was a pretty simple task and everything works the way it should now.

The rest of the day here will be spent relaxing and just doing NOTHING  ;)

Joe; I was reading your posting on the installation of your Cat's Electronics.  Great job buddy you got more patients than I do.  You are 100% correct the Best Job Done is when you can do it yourself.  If there's an issue you can go right to spot and correct it.  I hope that in the final test run you won't have any major issues.  I've done some of that work prior and it's FUN STUFF when your able to not have aches and pains in your hands etc.

Bud; Hope you get to feeling better soon and able to hit those lanes again.  Hope your wife is getting to feel better also.

To everyone I hope your day is going well for ya.  Be safe in your travels and be aware of your surrounding.             

topdsm0138

Wasn't a bad afternoon on the boat. This was the biggest of the day. Water was 69°, overcast skies and air temps were 71°. Caught him in about 12' of water on a classic 7.5" Culprit worm in junebug on a 3/0 hook with 1/16oz bullet and 8lb test mono.

Tiller Mafia

caddyjoe77

Quote from: topdsm0138 on February 22, 2024, 03:20:00 PMWasn't a bad afternoon on the boat. This was the biggest of the day. Water was 69°, overcast skies and air temps were 71°. Caught him in about 12' of water on a classic 7.5" Culprit worm in junebug on a 3/0 hook with 1/16oz bullet and 8lb test mono.

Tiller Mafia

awesome!! hopefully that is me tomorrow.  have my dev sprint demo and its FWF (im sure yall can figure that out  lo )
BeerMe

topdsm0138

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on February 22, 2024, 04:14:34 PM
Quote from: topdsm0138 on February 22, 2024, 03:20:00 PMWasn't a bad afternoon on the boat. This was the biggest of the day. Water was 69°, overcast skies and air temps were 71°. Caught him in about 12' of water on a classic 7.5" Culprit worm in junebug on a 3/0 hook with 1/16oz bullet and 8lb test mono.

Tiller Mafia

awesome!! hopefully that is me tomorrow.  have my dev sprint demo and its FWF (im sure yall can figure that out  lo )
Fat White Female?!... Just kidding. Best of luck to ya.

Tiller Mafia

caddyjoe77

Quote from: topdsm0138 on February 22, 2024, 07:39:37 PM
Quote from: caddyjoe77 on February 22, 2024, 04:14:34 PM

Tiller Mafia

Fat White Female?!... Just kidding. Best of luck to ya.

Tiller Mafia

So many things to say 😂😂 PoPo  lo
BeerMe