Favorite Pre-Spawn Lures ?

Started by chrisD46, March 08, 2023, 06:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisD46

Depending on where you live , a good bit of the country is ahead of schedule and soon to be solidly in the Pre-Spawn with bass moving up during the current full moon ... *What are your favorite go-to lures currently for pre-spawn bass ?

Dark3

Up north for me its tubes, jerkbaits, and goby style swim-baits especially for SM. Still hard water here though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Princeton_Man

Jig, Jerkbait (suspending), Crankbaits (red/orange, suspending and lipless) are my favorites. Since I have a very good supply and as things heat up, I'll also use the NuTech Crazy jig and SpinJig. This year they'll have Xzone Lure's Fireball Adrenaline Craw as a trailer.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Smallie_Stalker

Hard baits: Suspending jerkbait, flat sided cranks, lipless cranks, slow-rolled spinner baits.

Plastics: Craws, tubes and grubs (single or twin tail) and maybe a Sluggo or Fluke style bait.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Esox obsessed

I usually use the senko year round on my one setup but last year i caught this fat pre-spawn bass on a daredevle and it struck it so aggressively thought it was a pike have caught other bass on them so if your not in esox waters theres an option thats effective and not used by many people.
(Both casting and retrieving and jigging work but if your casting the slowest retrieve gives the most action and compared to other spoons at different retrieve speeds gives you a very diverse amount of ways to fish it

loomisguy

It all depends on the water temp, but, right now, The A rig. When they start moving up , Wart, Rk Crawler, spinnerbait and jig.

Wizard

Suspending jerkbait; 4" jigworm; Heavy, slow rolled spinnerbait: turtleback blade- white blade and strands or copper blade and fire tiger strands; 3/4 oz. rattletrap: chrome/blue or Ozark red. Coming out of winter and because I've caught early bass on it for 70 years...a hair jig and pork bass streamer.

Wizard

Donald Garner

Here in Central Texas and parts of East Texas you got to have a Rattle Trap tied on.  Rayburn Red Crawfish is the go to color  ;)  There are times when when I throw a Bomber Long 'A' jerkbait.  Lastly a Willow Leaf 3/8oz Bleeding Shad colored spinnerbait.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

jwkelley51

Shakeyhead is about all that's working for me right now. Big trd at 15 ft. is the big player. It will change to the ned rig and little trd at some point. Little swimbaits work good sometimes.

bassjiggin1955

Building and fishing jigs since 1977