Yo-Zuri 3DR-X Vibe Review

Started by FlatsNBay, November 01, 2023, 01:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

I'm a big fan of lipless crankbaits. I recently interviewed a Yo-Zuri Pro for an article about fishing shallow running crankbaits and he specifically mentioned how he loved the new Yo-Zuri 3DR-X Vibe series of crankbaits. At first, I figured that it was just another sales pitch. But as I learned more and more about the lure, it really intrigued me, so I ordered a couple to test out. The two colors that I ordered were Prism Gold Black and Prism Silver Black.

A few things that I liked right off the bat was that the profile was very wide and bigger (taller) than other lipless crankbaits of similar weight. They are 2 3/8" and weigh 1/2 oz. A unique feature is that the lure comes with an internal paint job and reflective prism that cannot be chipped or damaged as in other baits that have the paint on the outside. It looks like you could really beat the lure up and that the color would remain and not wear off. Kind of a nifty idea. The bait comes with internal rattles that are very loud. Hooks were good quality and very sharp and I feel didn't need to get switched out.

Today I gave the new Yo-Zuri 3DR-X Vibe a nice test. The lure casted like a rock and easily maintained its' position in the water column and did not sink as fast as most of the other 1/2 oz. lipless baits. This would be an advantage when fishing areas with vegetation. I was fishing in and around heavy eelgrass and the bait came through the grass with ease. I really liked that it didn't sink like a rock, and I could keep it up in the water column ticking the grass. I ended up catching 7 bass on the lure and lost a dink. Hookups were solid and I had to use the pliers to remove the hooks from most of the fish. Overall, I really like the lure. I'm excited to put this crankbait in my rotation and use it some more. I feel like it will perform really good and provide some nice fish in the future.

Check out the new Y0-Zuri 2DR-X Vibe if you like lipless crankbaits. I think you'll really like it!

J.W.

I like throwing lipless crank baits too, but I usually go with the old Rat-L-Trap. I'll have to check these out.

skidemn

Quote from: FlatsNBay on November 01, 2023, 01:23:47 PMI'm a big fan of lipless crankbaits. I recently interviewed a Yo-Zuri Pro for an article about fishing shallow running crankbaits and he specifically mentioned how he loved the new Yo-Zuri 3DR-X Vibe series of crankbaits. At first, I figured that it was just another sales pitch. But as I learned more and more about the lure, it really intrigued me, so I ordered a couple to test out. The two colors that I ordered were Prism Gold Black and Prism Silver Black.

A few things that I liked right off the bat was that the profile was very wide and bigger (taller) than other lipless crankbaits of similar weight. They are 2 3/8" and weigh 1/2 oz. A unique feature is that the lure comes with an internal paint job and reflective prism that cannot be chipped or damaged as in other baits that have the paint on the outside. It looks like you could really beat the lure up and that the color would remain and not wear off. Kind of a nifty idea. The bait comes with internal rattles that are very loud. Hooks were good quality and very sharp and I feel didn't need to get switched out.

Today I gave the new Yo-Zuri 3DR-X Vibe a nice test. The lure casted like a rock and easily maintained its' position in the water column and did not sink as fast as most of the other 1/2 oz. lipless baits. This would be an advantage when fishing areas with vegetation. I was fishing in and around heavy eelgrass and the bait came through the grass with ease. I really liked that it didn't sink like a rock, and I could keep it up in the water column ticking the grass. I ended up catching 7 bass on the lure and lost a dink. Hookups were solid and I had to use the pliers to remove the hooks from most of the fish. Overall, I really like the lure. I'm excited to put this crankbait in my rotation and use it some more. I feel like it will perform really good and provide some nice fish in the future.

Check out the new Y0-Zuri 2DR-X Vibe if you like lipless crankbaits. I think you'll really like it!
Thanks for the review! I have been a Rat-L-Trap user as well, but what you pointed out about the internal color would be a big deal to me. I often run lipless cranks over riprap and that beats the crap out of them, so this my be a great alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlatsNBay

Me too Skideman. I've got a bunch of rattle traps and Redeye Shads that I had to retire because there wasn't any paint left on them.

bigjim5589

Great Review!  ~c~

I'm a big fan of Yozuri as it is, and have mentioned before that I don't think the brand gets the attention it deserves for bass fishing.

I have some older, discontinued Yozuri lipless lures and although they have never been a go to lure for me, they are another alternative and have a different action & sound compared to lipless lures like the Traps & Redeyes.

I guess I now have to try these!  lo

Yozuri has an entire series of 3DR-X lures, all of which are good lures!
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

apenland01

Capt. BassinLou

Thank you for that review. Flat's. I don't throw crankbaits nearly as much as I should. But they are fish catchers. 

Mike Cork

Thanks for the review. I'm a bait junky and love reading what others think. I'm gonna have to give them a shot, might be something different until they catch on.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Smallie_Stalker

I haven't been active as much recently so I missed replying to this thread.

Thanks for the review! As a long time fan of Yo-Zuri stuff I will definitely have to check these out.

Those 2 colors should cover most water conditions. I have that gold prism black back in the 3DB series squarebills. That and the prism Bluegill, which is similar to the other finish you have there cover almost every water clarity condition for me.

One of the things I like about the prism finishes is that depending on how the light hits then and the action of the bait they appear to change color like a lot of baitfish do. It's a very natural look. I'm not sure if it triggers more strikes, but the ones I do get are usually more aggressive.

Looking forward to a report or two on how they work out for you.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire