Fort Bayou

Started by fishingram24, January 08, 2019, 08:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishingram24

Due to the Pascagoula River still being several feet over flood stage John and I decided to hit Fort Bayou in Ocean Springs today. Launched the Xpress at 7 am, fired it up backed up tried to turn and nothing happened. Steering cable broke, just lucky we weren't running WOT when it happened. Dropped the trolling motor and started fishing up the canal we launched in. As soon as we hit the main bayou I caught a fat almost 3 pounder and 2 more almost 2 pounds on a white Mr. Hooty spinner. Fished until noon before heading in and we ended our short trip with 10 keeper bass with 9 coming on spinners and 1 on a worm and 2 fine red fish. Air temps were near 70 by noon, water temp hit 59 and about 18" visibility on a rising tide. Boat will be down until the end of next week and still trying to decide whether to switch to a Bay Star hydraulic system or not. After a bad start, a good day.       
Retired and loving every minute of it!

cpar87

Glad you at least caught a few for your troubles. We have a club tournament launching from Moss Point in the morning, maybe some of those 2 and 3 pounders will swim my way!

Lipripper

Thanks for the report and sorry to hear about that cable breaking but like you said it could of been worse if it happened while you were at WOT  ~sweat Glad y'all caught some fish.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet