Quincy 6/15

Started by TxT, June 16, 2007, 08:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TxT

Flight home got cancelled therefore I got on the water later than I wanted.  Still had a pretty successful day pulling in eight quality bass and missing a monster.  Broke me off when I thought I had him almost landed.  Here's a few pics ..

BTW, mosquitos were swarming!!  Better keep the Off in the bag for now.

HogMaster

Nice job TxT!  What was the water temp? And what did you get them on?
HOGS ARE MY BUSINESS!! AND BUINESS IS GOOD!

TxT

Quote from: HogMaster on June 16, 2007, 09:03:44 AM
Nice job TxT!  What was the water temp? And what did you get them on?

Not sure on the water temp.  Cooler than the outside air!  I sweated my butt off today in the waders and it felt good to get in deep. 

Still using the plastics weightless.  Slow fall is the key!  Fishing the weed beds and any structure I can find no matter what depth.  There are fish everywhere, even where most people don't think they are.  Caught one in less than a foot of water maybe 5' offshore.  I had to walk back to my car as I broke another rod and I return to two guys slouching through all the brush piles that were maybe 10 yards offshore where they had seen me catch a couple.  They fishing out from the piles.  One guy even sat on a log that was holding two bass not 30 minutes earlier.  I came in after the water settled and caught fish right behind them.  I was glad they saw me catch them.  Then I'm throwing up next to shore and they come back and walk about 10' from my lure stirring up the mud again.  Didn't have a clue!!  I'm sure they were skunked.  Oh well, still had fun when they weren't around.  I did throw a top water PopR a few minutes with no results and quickly went back to plastics.

Farmer Ted

Nice fish.

I've found that in the summer bass will be right on the shore in ponds provided that there is SHADE or cover. weightless senko type lures are dynamite...just throw them next to any shady spot and bam!
The Milky Way
              is a character in my play

Catch and release largemouth and smallmouth bass!!!!

TxT

You got that right Ted!  And most people walk right by them.  Those yeahoos yesterday probably walked by 50 fish (no polarized sunglasses on 'em) and proceeded to chunk their lures as far out as they could when in reality, they could have caught a mess by throwing where they were walking.  If you can get in the water and throw back towards the cover, you better hold on.  Throwing from shore is a little tougher but possible. 

I walked right up to some cover and saw one bass "backed" in less than 10' away.  He was just feet away from shore.  Tossed my plastic about two feet to the side and he bolted and nailed it in no time flat!  What fun!!

cfgsteak

Awesome TxT!  I love reading your posts, I learn a lot from them.  I am looking forward to hitting Quincy sometime this week.  Maybe I will see you there! 

TxT

cfgsteak,

I will be out at Quincy Tuesday morning for a little bit.  My last local fishing until after the 4th.  Unfortunatley from a fishing standpoint, the family and I are heading out on vacation.  But I will be back with a vengeance when I return.  Got a 14' boat and will be getting it outfitted with trolling motor and hopefully casting deck on the front.  Can't wait to cruise around Quincy and find all the hidden brush out there... bass heaven!!

TxT

cfgsteak

Quote from: TxT_Plant on June 18, 2007, 10:46:18 PM
cfgsteak,

I will be out at Quincy Tuesday morning for a little bit.  My last local fishing until after the 4th.  Unfortunatley from a fishing standpoint, the family and I are heading out on vacation.  But I will be back with a vengeance when I return.  Got a 14' boat and will be getting it outfitted with trolling motor and hopefully casting deck on the front.  Can't wait to cruise around Quincy and find all the hidden brush out there... bass heaven!!

TxT

Right on, we will have to get together!  I am out of town for a while myself after this week (Steamboat, yea!).  I got skunked last night...I'm just not having good luck at the Q this year.  Let me know when ya get back.  Have a great vacation!

bassineveryday

Nice fish TxT and also congrats on the boat !YEAH! sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun when you get home

TxT

Had a good day at Quincy.  A buddy and I caught a mess of LM.  He caught two really nice monsters.  Mine were all average Quincy bass...

but this will have to do for a few weeks.  Already can't wait to get back from vacation... why leave when I'm having the time of my life bass fishing in Colorado???? 

You guys keep it up and we will see you when I return!

TxT

HogMaster

Nice job TxT! Hit Quincy my self last night from 5:30-8 picked up 7 fish off the dam drop shot and Spinner bait!  Give me a shout when you get back from Vacation!  Help you with your casting deck!
HOGS ARE MY BUSINESS!! AND BUINESS IS GOOD!

bassineveryday

Nice fish TxT hope you have fun on vacation

joe4theavs

Nice work!  Have a great vacation, talk to you when you get back.
Time is never wasted, when your wasted all the time!