First Bass of 2024?

Started by FlatsNBay, January 01, 2024, 08:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

Let's hear about the first bass of the year for you or better off, let's see a pic of your catch. Who will have the biggest (or smallest) first fish of the year?

Capt. BassinLou

So far, I'm catching these size. Just lost a decent one a little while ago.;)

Smallie_Stalker

Congrats on kicking off the New Year with some catches Lou!

In perspective, THAT fish would be a decent one up here.

I really hope I make it to Florida to fish at least once in my life for a shot at some of those big ol' Florida giants and some hard fighting peas.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on January 01, 2024, 11:34:19 AMCongrats on kicking off the New Year with some catches Lou!

In perspective, THAT fish would be a decent one up here.

I really hope I make it to Florida to fish at least once in my life for a shot at some of those big ol' Florida giants and some hard fighting peas.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Thanks Jim. If you make it down, you have a back seat waiting for you.  ~beer~

Eric-Maine

Colder today so had trouble with ice clogging my guides and level wind. 26 bass 11 crappie. Solo trip All on the megabass 110 +1 perch

water 39° Air 27°-31°

Weather looks good for the next few days. Its not over until it is over.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

FlatsNBay

I got to break the ice. First bass came on a Savage Gear ned rig. A small one less than a pound but #2 of the year went 3 lbs.

Bigbass201

Nice job guys.  Going to be a little while up north.  Old man winter is about to make a big appearance. 
R & J Bass Fishing Videos

https://rumble.com/c/c-364035

big g

I have caught a bunch small size bass but didn't take any pics of the shorties.  This is the first one worthy of a pic.  All caught on weightless stickos, flukes, and trick worms, W/M Red, and Junebug.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.