MLF at Toledo Bend

Started by J.W., February 04, 2024, 09:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.W.

My son and his fishing partner and I pre-fished for their middle school tournament all last weekend (we did terrible by the way, my fault, not theirs), and were on the water with a lot of MLF pros.

Just wanted to post about how gracious and friendly every pro I ran into was.

My wife and son and I have a handful of pros we love watching and always pull for.

Nick LeBrun, Dustin Connell, Mark Daniels Jr, Andy Montgomery, Edwin Evers, and Ott DeFoe are some of our favorites.

Nick LeBrun, Edwin Evers, Mark Rose, and Ott DeFoe started our tournament off Sunday with fishing church. Awesome to be a part of that.

Even though our tournament wasn't our best, we did get to meet Andy Montgomery and DC at the ramp.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

We ended up going to takeout yesterday for the knockout round, saw DC again, met Mark Daniels Jr, and Jacob Wheeler.
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

Also ran into several pros like Gerald Spohrer in places like Toledo Town over the course of the weekend.

In every case, every angler we met was willing to talk, sign jerseys and hats, take pictures, etc, even though I know they probably had a long day on the water and probably just wanted to get back to their rental to get some rest. Poor Andy Montgomery had his boat in the service area most of Sunday's practice, and I know he had to have been pretty frustrated and stressed, but he was still super-gracious and friendly and took a picture and signed my son's jersey.

Everyone we met was a consummate professional and I thought it really was worth mentioning. I especially like that young anglers like my son see these guys setting the example that they set vs some of these pro athletes from other sports you see on tv nowadays and what they represent.

Anyway, I just wanted to share the pics and brag on these anglers. They were all class-acts. Makes me glad my son got into tournament fishing.

Donald Garner

Tks for sharing the event with us and those pictures.  It's cool when the PRO's take the extra time to spent it with the fans.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Mike Cork

Pro Fisherman are the best in the world at taking care of their fans ~c~  ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

caddyjoe77

that is a pile of badassery!!  excellent and it looks like everyone enjoyed themselves. 
BeerMe